Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791648 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1690 on: 09 February 2015, 15:59 »
They're about £16 each for the numberplate surrounds. Are you sure your ACC sensor is ok?

Just parked up in the carpark of the wife's workplace in my Skoda Superb hire car and had 2 groups of site visitors try to get in, thinking it is a Taxi to take them to Newcastle airport. One bemused Dutch visitor jumped in the passenger seat and when I told him I wasn't the taxi he was waiting for, he bluntly said "really? Who the f**k buys one of these for themselves?". I feined looking offended for a few seconds before telling him it was a courtesy car.   :grin:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #1691 on: 09 February 2015, 16:14 »
They come off but are kind of bonded on in a couple of places iirc, a quick look on ETKA shows they have their own part number so should be available to buy.

You wouldnt happen to know the part no. Im concerned now that you say it's bonded. Looking at it hopefully it should be easy (ish) to remove.

Its hard to say not knowing what model variant you have but they all start with 5GO 807 287 (L9B9 probably), and dealer will find it easily enough for you (or TPS if you have one close by), looking at ETKA they appear to be held on by a kind of rivet (spreader rivet), i suspect plastic so should be easy to get off.
« Last Edit: 09 February 2015, 16:18 by 182_blue »

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1692 on: 09 February 2015, 18:11 »
Agreed a trade in for a Touareg R line... :lipsrsealed:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #1693 on: 09 February 2015, 20:26 »
You must be having twins then.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1694 on: 09 February 2015, 20:42 »
Different :whistle:
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1695 on: 09 February 2015, 20:59 »

Now you can fill it to the rafters with kid crap  :kiss:

Seriously, post pics of the beast when you get it.  And the all important question...what colour?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1696 on: 09 February 2015, 21:32 »
You must be having twins then.

Nope, just the one, for now........... :-X

Agreed a trade in for a Touareg R line... :-X

Now you can fill it to the rafters with kid crap  :-*

Seriously, post pics of the beast when you get it.  And the all important question...what colour?

Indeed! And lots of shoes so i'm told!! :o

I had a test drive in it a couple of weeks ago and just loved the laid back style, i even like the auto box! :-X

I have the intension of keeping it for 2 maybe 3 years and then going back to a GTI or similar.

Oh and it's white like most of them are, the only options are the ambient light pack and swivel tow bar :D
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1697 on: 09 February 2015, 21:42 »

Agreed a trade in for a Touareg R line... :-X

Now you can fill it to the rafters with kid crap  :-*

Indeed! And lots of shoes so i'm told!! :o

I had a test drive in it a couple of weeks ago and just loved the laid back style, i even like the auto box! :-X

I have the intension of keeping it for 2 maybe 3 years and then going back to a GTI or similar.

Oh and it's white like most of them are, the only options are the ambient light pack and swivel tow bar :D

I knew you'd eventually give in to the dark mistress that is tiptronic, albeit second time lucky   :evil:

Enjoy Jimble (the car and baby) and hope your wife enjoys the many, many pairs of new shoes she's planning on getting  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1698 on: 10 February 2015, 07:40 »
I've really come to appreciate the Xenons and the lower ratio steering of the GTD driving into work in the Skoda sniper car. The headlights are like a pair of candles and turning a tight bend feels like i'm steering a 7.5T truck. VW Ensurance, what are you playing at, considering this as an equivalent car?  :sick:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1699 on: 10 February 2015, 08:16 »
I think putting me in that Skoda is part of VW UK’s dastardly plan to stop me moaning about the extra 12 week wait for my R:-

1. Have a GTD, want an R, get one ordered, it ends up being built 12 weeks after initial indications, get pissed off.
2. Have a smash, get a Skoda courtesy car, think “I’m so lucky to have my underappreciated GTD, hope the repair doesn’t take long as this is crap”.
3. Appreciate the GTD when I get it back, especially like the fact that the new rear bumper actually matches the bodywork shade, and almost forget I have an R on the way.
4. R arrives and I forget the wait I had because I still remember how bad the Skoda was.