Author Topic: Golf MK6 Golf Collectors Edition by Walter de Silva  (Read 21239 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
Re: Golf MK6 Golf Collectors Edition by Walter de Silva
« Reply #20 on: 29 September 2008, 13:07 »
....And which doubtless costs an arm and a leg :grin:

for the cow.

What - the two-legged or four-legged variety?  :tongue:  :grin:

Shame that Individual stuff is kept so quiet really.

I agree.  Audi are the same at keeping it quiet, though if you actually have a wander around Audi showrooms, you can often find the mega large cased ring binders of the Audi Exclusive stuff.  Actually, Audi now list Audi Exclusive options in their main brochures.

But I've never actually found any definative VW Individual stuff in any dub stealers!  :undecided:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 29 September 2008, 16:31 »
PRESS RELEASE

From where?  Please quote your source, as you have no doubt just breached copyright laws.

Mods/Admins - I suggest this thread be deleted, as copyrighted material has been published withought any reference to the primary source!  :angry:

Keep yer hair on people, I missed the source by accident.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/23/volkswagen-golf-collectors-edition-by-walter-de-silva/

OK, fairy nuff for forgetting to post the link.  However, it is still in breach of copyright to simply copy the content in its entireity.  What you should really do is just copy and post important "snippets" (upto 10% seems to be an accepted protocol for remaining on the legal side of copyright laws), and then link to the full article.  :wink:  :smiley:

I only added the part that was the VW press release, the point of my post was as stated at the beginning.

OK, but in order for you to copy the entire article, you either need the written consent of the host (in this case, AutoBlog), or alternatively, copy the article direct from VW Media Services, providing you have been accepted by them as an accredited journo.  See section 1 here: https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/medias_publish/ms/content/en/misc/QuickAccess/rechtliches.standard.gid-oeffentlichkeit.html

If ever there was a case for a "yawn" smiley......

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #22 on: 29 September 2008, 16:57 »
PRESS RELEASE

From where?  Please quote your source, as you have no doubt just breached copyright laws.

Mods/Admins - I suggest this thread be deleted, as copyrighted material has been published withought any reference to the primary source!  :angry:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/23/volkswagen-golf-collectors-edition-by-walter-de-silva/

OK, fairy nuff for forgetting to post the link.  However, it is still in breach of copyright to simply copy the content in its entireity.  What you should really do is just copy and post important "snippets" (upto 10% seems to be an accepted protocol for remaining on the legal side of copyright laws), and then link to the full article.  :wink:  :smiley:

I only added the part that was the VW press release, the point of my post was as stated at the beginning.

OK, but in order for you to copy the entire article, you either need the written consent of the host (in this case, AutoBlog), or alternatively, copy the article direct from VW Media Services, providing you have been accepted by them as an accredited journo.  See section 1 here: https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/medias_publish/ms/content/en/misc/QuickAccess/rechtliches.standard.gid-oeffentlichkeit.html

....Or you could just light up a spliff :cool: :evil:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 29 September 2008, 17:02 »
If you had read the original VW Media Services article (which I now have), it clearly states it is only for Germany.  :nerd:  :smug:  However, such options as coloured leathers are already available in the UK - you just need to ask your stealer about the "Volkswagen Individual" programme, which operates in an identical fashion to the "Audi Exclusive" scheme.

Nah, just three left kidneys!  :grin:

Actually, some of their "Individual/Exclusive" prices won't be much more than normal brochure options.  Take the Recaro buckets (similar to my RS4 seats) - for the leather Recaros, you are looking at £2,345, whereas for the "normal" leather on the standard seats - that is/was £1,645 - and we know that it is very poor quality, and often not leather at all.  Whereas the Recaros have a high quality "Valcona" nappa leather.

And a bargain once the leather became standard, because they only cost me the difference something like £ 915  :smug: :smug: :smug:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 29 September 2008, 18:07 »
PRESS RELEASE

Maybe, but you arn't going to be inline for a snotty solicitors letter for breach of copyright, and nor will the OP.  That "pleasure" will fall on the registered owner of the domain name of this forum - and I'm sure jv has better things to be doing.  :tongue:

And unless you understand the implications of copyright law, you can get your fingers seriously burned.  I had to change my letter heads because I was advised that VWUK were getting very heavy on unauthorised mis-use of their trademarks!  :shocked:

At the end of the day, I reckon we can all see that it was a genuine mistake to simply copy the text and images without the relevent permissions, but at the end of the day, the legal system has a well known phrase - "ignorance is no defence".  :smiley:
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 29 September 2008, 18:09 »
If you had read the original VW Media Services article (which I now have), it clearly states it is only for Germany.  :nerd:  :smug:  However, such options as coloured leathers are already available in the UK - you just need to ask your stealer about the "Volkswagen Individual" programme, which operates in an identical fashion to the "Audi Exclusive" scheme.

Nah, just three left kidneys!  :grin:

Actually, some of their "Individual/Exclusive" prices won't be much more than normal brochure options.  Take the Recaro buckets (similar to my RS4 seats) - for the leather Recaros, you are looking at £2,345, whereas for the "normal" leather on the standard seats - that is/was £1,645 - and we know that it is very poor quality, and often not leather at all.  Whereas the Recaros have a high quality "Valcona" nappa leather.

And a bargain once the leather became standard, because they only cost me the difference something like £ 915  :smug: :smug: :smug:

Bugger - when was leather made standard?  :cry:

And you have the leather Recaros??  Pictures pleaze - but not here, as that would be very off-topic!  :tongue:
-----

I feel like a homo

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #26 on: 04 October 2008, 21:36 »
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 06 October 2008, 00:42 »

Ditto.. T_T.. no offence - you are quite passionate about things which normally leads to some excellent and informative posts.. but on occasion, you just come across as a bit anal.  I don't think anyone's going to get sued for copying and pasting a news article and the poor guy forgot to link it.. big deal.  A lot of things wouldn't be posted on this forum were we to strictly adhere to copyright law to the letter.  Anyway.. thats my post for the month.   :rolleyes:  :lipsrsealed:
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)