Author Topic: Handing a car back  (Read 8720 times)

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
Re: Handing a car back
« Reply #40 on: 18 August 2021, 22:33 »
Two dealers have both assured me of delivery beginning of October - said he ordered a 118 M sport yesterday and delivery confirmed as first week of October. Said you can’t order 128’s yet as they’ve stopped orders at present

Offline buttons

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 19 August 2021, 09:42 »
Said you can’t order 128’s yet as they’ve stopped orders at present

they probably cant keep up with demand from p'ssed off VW owners!! ha  :grin:

I cant wait to get rid of my Golf.
I had a few BMW's before this and decided to have a change for a little bit as didnt like the new shape  1 series....... (my wife uses car so prefers small cars).
BMW isnt a premium car anymore by any means but I noticed the difference straight away when moved to VW.
We had an M140 so i noticed the major lack in power too!!!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 19 August 2021, 09:46 by buttons »
MK8 GTi: Adelaide 19", DCC, Winter Pack, Rear Camera and sh!t loads of software issues! ;-)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #42 on: 19 August 2021, 10:55 »
A 118 isn't anything like a performance car.... just saying.

I have a Mini Cooper F56 here with the same engine... its not "slow" but nothing like as quick as the Cooper S R58 we also have on the drive and definitely on a different time zone to my GTI...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #43 on: 19 August 2021, 18:16 »
Well it’s official, started the rejection process today  :smiley:

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #44 on: 20 August 2021, 20:58 »
Well it’s official, started the rejection process today  :smiley:

Rejected the car the BMW finance rejected me. On the joy. I really don’t know where to go from here.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 20 August 2021, 21:51 »
Your BMW dealer ought to have put a manual note on the application to BMWFS making it clear to the finance underwriter that your VWFS agreement is being settled due to rejection. BMWFS may wish to see evidence of the agreement being cancelled, such as a letter from VWFS.

If they haven't done this, then the BMWFS underwriter will be trying to see if you can afford 2 finance agreements.
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #46 on: 20 August 2021, 22:36 »
Your BMW dealer ought to have put a manual note on the application to BMWFS making it clear to the finance underwriter that your VWFS agreement is being settled due to rejection. BMWFS may wish to see evidence of the agreement being cancelled, such as a letter from VWFS.

If they haven't done this, then the BMWFS underwriter will be trying to see if you can afford 2 finance agreements.

Apparently was all down to affordability, despite it only being £10 more than my Golf. It was outright decline and they asked underwriter to take a looksie and they still said no.

Offline dfm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #47 on: 21 August 2021, 11:40 »
You don't want to reach a compromise with VW?

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #48 on: 24 August 2021, 08:31 »

So I do have a back-up of another Gold should I want it, but I am not sure I want to take the risk with all these issues again.

I was looking at A-Classes yesterday, but again they are like rocking horse poop

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 24 August 2021, 17:06 »

So I do have a back-up of another Gold should I want it, but I am not sure I want to take the risk with all these issues again.

I was looking at A-Classes yesterday, but again they are like rocking horse poop

And about as attractive IMO, they just look wrong. Bonnet to long for the car.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.