Author Topic: Handing a car back  (Read 8593 times)

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
Re: Handing a car back
« Reply #20 on: 17 August 2021, 14:07 »
All of the faults apart from the squeaky seat I've seen dozens of others talk about and experienced myself.

If you are going to do this, don't get any current VAG car (not just a Golf, but all of the equivalents).... they are all the same software!!!

The scary thing is that your problematic car will be sold on to someone else. They don't take these out of circulation.

I really am torn here. Ultimately he has said there are no cars at all in stock or even close to the UK. I wont go to Seat or Skoda, I have had the A3 equivalent of the Golf and wasn't impressed, so that means sticking with this car, going for the GTI or literally leaving VAG who I have delt with for about 8 years

Offline Shalako

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 17 August 2021, 14:34 »
Annoying as the faults are if you like driving the car and are being offered 20% off your PCP then maybe keeping it is also a good option, ultimately the faults should get fixed ..... eventually - and your being compensated for the hassle, perhaps ask them to throw in a few free services too for the inconvenience.

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 17 August 2021, 14:41 »
Annoying as the faults are if you like driving the car and are being offered 20% off your PCP then maybe keeping it is also a good option, ultimately the faults should get fixed ..... eventually - and your being compensated for the hassle, perhaps ask them to throw in a few free services too for the inconvenience.

Already have servicing mate. It has just been one thing after another and my patience has worn thin. I really don't know what to do.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 17 August 2021, 16:06 »
All of the faults apart from the squeaky seat I've seen dozens of others talk about and experienced myself.

Are you the only one here that admits to farting in the car with company with resorting to the "my seat's squeaky, honest" defense?  :grin:
« Last Edit: 17 August 2021, 19:56 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Prospective

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 17 August 2021, 16:16 »
It will be interesting to see how our American friends deal with their multi faulted cars?

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 17 August 2021, 16:44 »
You really need to be aware of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, if you are considering rejecting the car

If you have a finance agreement in place (most typically with VWFS), you have what is known as a tripartite agreement under the Consumer Credit Act. The three parties are the debtor (you), the supplier (the dealer) and the creditor (the finance company)

You need to raise the rejection process with VWFS in the first instance, as they are the legal owner of the car and for the purposes of the law, VWFS are considered as the "trader", even though the dealer will have a role with any repair attempts or subsequent replacements.

Know your rights, and who to complain to.

« Last Edit: 17 August 2021, 16:47 by phope »
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 17 August 2021, 17:53 »
I'd go BMW 1/2/3 Series or Mini JCW (If you can handle the bullying), BMW being the only real alternative brand. I've heard many questionable quality things from Mercedes and their A-Classes.

The 128ti have good deals on at the minute, so just buy a £1k run about and drive it for a year.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Shalako

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 17 August 2021, 18:24 »

Already have servicing mate. It has just been one thing after another and my patience has worn thin. I really don't know what to do.

Ah ok, perhaps see what else you can negotiate to compensate for the hassle, high % off perhaps, reason I say stick with it is because it’s so hard to by decent new and used cars at the moment, prices are ridiculous as are the long waiting times for delivery - hence seeing if you can at least work the situation to your advantage- providing of course you like the car apart from the faults, it’s certainly a lot easier to put up with the problems if you know your being sufficiently compensated. I do have faith that VW will find a solution, I can’t believe they would allow this to continue as its killing their reliability reputation.

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 17 August 2021, 20:16 »
You really need to be aware of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, if you are considering rejecting the car

If you have a finance agreement in place (most typically with VWFS), you have what is known as a tripartite agreement under the Consumer Credit Act. The three parties are the debtor (you), the supplier (the dealer) and the creditor (the finance company)

You need to raise the rejection process with VWFS in the first instance, as they are the legal owner of the car and for the purposes of the law, VWFS are considered as the "trader", even though the dealer will have a role with any repair attempts or subsequent replacements.

Know your rights, and who to complain to.

Having rejected a car previously I am more than aware of my rights and who to complain to mate. If you read my first post I did say I approached them to ask if they would take it back NOT for me to reject it.

Thanks for the info though very helpful

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #29 on: 17 August 2021, 20:17 »
Allow it to continue? The mk8 is two years old already... That's how crazy this is.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC