Author Topic: CS Still quite rare  (Read 4431 times)

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
  • MK8 Clubsport Dolphin Grey
CS Still quite rare
« on: 03 August 2021, 09:21 »
Was discussing last night that due to the shortage the Clubsport is still quite a rare sight?

I dont think I have actually seen another CS on the road yet round me in Oxfordshire. I have seen a gorgeous Black R and a GTD but no GTi's not even a non CS
Golf History 4 x MK2, 2 x MK3, 2 x MK4, 2 x MK5, 1 x MK6, 1 MK7 & MK8 Clubsport

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: CS Still quite rare
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2021, 09:29 »
I’ve only seen one CS, two Rs and 3 Gti’s and one of those was my brothers! Very rare indeed.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2021, 09:59 »
Apart from the demonstrator I drove, I have seen 2 x GTIs (KR, AB), 1 x GTD (Silver) and 1 x R (Blue). I haven't seen that many standard Mk 8 Golfs either.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2021, 10:25 »
Performance Mk8's are rare still.... pretty much there was the initial dealer stock and thats it. That's covid/semiconductor shortage for you!

I've seen about 3 other GTI/CS/R's so far.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2021, 10:37 »
I have seen two ClubSports - one white and one blue.  I potentially saw a third in silver but only caught a glimpse and wasn't sure.

I have seen three Rs.  A black one passed me going the opposite direction on the way to work.  Then I saw two together.  One had been pulled over by the police just outside a busy town centre late on a Saturday night and the other was parked up, engine running, about 20 yards in front of the unlucky chap - presumably his mate.  I am yet to see one launch up a McDonald's car park, but I don't doubt it's just a matter of time...  :whistle:

Seen quite a few GTIs.

Still getting lots of looks and compliments in mine.  Pulled up at a set of lights and a young lad in a Fiesta next to me motioned to me to wind down my window and told me it was a "Badman car" and that he wanted it.  I also had a brief bit of duel-carriageway fun with a 7.5 R and the driver gave me a big thumbs-up out of his window as he pulled off onto the slip-road.
« Last Edit: 03 August 2021, 10:50 by Brocky_ »
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 03 August 2021, 11:22 »
I’ve seen Gti’s on a daily basis several R’s but no club sports.

I also saw an unmarked police R a couple of weeks ago on the A1 going north past Darlington.

But I do spend all day 5 days a week on the motorway driving.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 03 August 2021, 14:16 »
I’ve seen one other Clubsport on the road.
I’ve seen one R on the road but it was literally around the corner from a big VW dealership so might have been on test drive as it was launch spec (standard wheels but had a sunroof).
I’ve also seen a handful of GTI’s but more surprisingly given the demonisation of Diesel is that I've seen a few more GTD’s than either. I thought company car drivers were all in either petrols or Teslas these days, obviously not the case.

I’ve seen very few mk8’s in general but I’m not surprised really. In standard form it’s an ugly car with lots of unhappy angles and styling (to achieve the aero figures?)
I see far more ID’s around and I suppose that reflects the blanket marketing of electric cars from all marques and general brainwashing going on over the last few years. If faced with a choice of non Performance Golf or ID then my choice wouldn’t be the Golf either.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 03 August 2021, 16:15 »
I see more Polestar 2's than performance golfs here... I probably should have bought one too...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2021, 20:53 »
Performance Golf's starting to appear now on local roads. Seen a few GTi's and GTD's, even a GTE. But still no R's or Clubsports.
7.5 GTD

Offline karlos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 04 August 2021, 22:04 »
I've seen a grand total of 1 GTI, 2 R's and one GTD. No CS so far.
2017 (67) GTI PP DSG. Tungsten Silver with DCC, Art Velours, Dynaudio, Climate Screen, Tints, Keyless, Rear Camera, Lane Assist, Seville wheels.