Author Topic: Low speed mechanical rattle  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
Re: Low speed mechanical rattle
« Reply #10 on: 25 July 2021, 19:01 »
Picked my clubby up on weds  the knocking/rattle started Thursday booked car into dealer for this tue/weds but today weirdly it’s stopped making the noise  :whistle: 
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
  • MK8 Clubsport Dolphin Grey
« Reply #11 on: 26 July 2021, 15:51 »
Thanks for the update.  Assume the  top mounts were replaced under warranty?  Seems an odd part to wear on what must be a near new car?

Mine was in on Monday, but was diagnosed with a suspension boot which was catching / stuck.  However pretty much as soon as I pulled away the same sound was still there.  Its difficult to describe, almost like what you would hear if you stacked two cereal bowls together and gently moved them around  :whistle: :grin:

I'll need to book it in again...

Good description. They tried to say they heard a squeek. I said no listen again.
I looked online and it seems quite a common one on Mk7/7.5's so reckon it has filtered down. If it does it aain I will upgrade them as I think VWR do a set
Golf History 4 x MK2, 2 x MK3, 2 x MK4, 2 x MK5, 1 x MK6, 1 MK7 & MK8 Clubsport

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 26 July 2021, 15:52 »
Picked my clubby up on weds  the knocking/rattle started Thursday booked car into dealer for this tue/weds but today weirdly it’s stopped making the noise  :whistle:
Stick to your guns on it and kick off. Must admit my dealer was very good and did everything on the list

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 26 July 2021, 18:47 »
Stick to your guns on it and kick off. Must admit my dealer was very good and did everything on the list
To be fair they have been pretty good so far so hopefully they will be tomorrow, I bought my 7.5 in dec from them and they transferred my vw dash-cam from my polo into it at there cost will le5 everybody know outcome weds when I pick it up.The rattle/knocking has returned today but nowhere near as loud
19 Polo GTI+ Black

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 27 July 2021, 07:56 »
To be fair they have been pretty good so far so hopefully they will be tomorrow, I bought my 7.5 in dec from them and they transferred my vw dash-cam from my polo into it at there cost will le5 everybody know outcome weds when I pick it up.The rattle/knocking has returned today but nowhere near as loud
With how I was dealt with I am wondering if VW has been trying to clear up its at on the service side. They used to be useless, 90% of problems I had with older cars used to come back no fault found until the part failed comepletly.
This was very slick with 3 updates while they had the car was actualy close to being to much  :grin:

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 27 July 2021, 13:18 »
To be fair they have been pretty good so far so hopefully they will be tomorrow, I bought my 7.5 in dec from them and they transferred my vw dash-cam from my polo into it at there cost will le5 everybody know

outcome weds when I pick it up.The rattle/knocking has returned today but nowhere near as loud
With how I was dealt with I am wondering if VW has been trying to clear up its at on the service side. They used to be useless, 90% of problems I had with older cars used to come back no fault found until the part failed comepletly.
This was very slick with 3 updates while they had the car was actualy close to being to much  :grin:

Yeah I know what you mean  with my first polo there was a hissing noise every time you stopped (like a lorry air brake releasing pressure) they basically called me a liar , made me feel terrible but after it kept doing it they fixed it even though they never told me exactly what they did  ( air con problem)  I did have to email there main office and copied my local dealer in to get it sorted. That was a different dealer  to what I’m using now mind
19 Polo GTI+ Black