Author Topic: Struggle to find a GTI PP  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Carlos67

• Just got here
Struggle to find a GTI PP
« on: 17 June 2021, 21:42 »
Currently got a Merc A-class 68 plate (new shape) but looking to change to a GTI pp. However, been looking for about 2 months now and just can't find anything with the spec I want.

I'm after a 69 or 20/70 plate 5 door in either blue or grey (would also have red if every other box ticked). I don't want Santiago wheels but would tolerate Brescias. Ideally I'd like Parker's for the better ride.

Must haves are DCC, Dynaudio and car must be mint with ideally less than 15k miles. Budget is £26k

Finding them with DCC and Dynaudio together is a mare.

Currently looking on Auto trader, Motorpoint and VW website (VW approved). If anyone has any other places to look I'm all ears.
« Last Edit: 17 June 2021, 21:45 by Carlos67 »

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: Struggle to find a GTI PP
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2021, 21:56 »
You really don't need DCC with 18s or 19s IMO the standard suspension is more than comfortable as well as there's less to go wrong.

The below link claims to have everything you want but I can't see the DCC in the photos but does have the Dynaudio.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106093673338?keywords=dynaudio&advertising-location=at_cars&make=VOLKSWAGEN&colour=Blue&colour=Grey&model=GOLF&radius=1500&include-delivery-option=on&aggregatedTrim=GTI%20Performance&postcode=bt275pr&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&sort=mileage&page=1
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Carlos67

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2021, 22:02 »
Thanks, spec wise it's almost perfect and it does have DCC according to the advert. However, the mileage is a bit too high for me as want under 15k and this is more than double that. Thanks anyway 👍🏻

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 18 June 2021, 09:11 »
With the current sky high prices of good second hand examples can't you benefit from this and stretch the budget to a new car?
If you're buying second hand now you're paying a huge premium and as you can benefit buy selling your Merc it was just a thought.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline jf111

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 18 June 2021, 13:26 »
If you added 3-4k to your budget, a TCR is in range and would be more likely to have the options you want

Offline Carlos67

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 18 June 2021, 18:11 »
Don't like the idea of a new car because of the initial depreciation. I did think about a new mk8 GTI but would mean a std spec without many toys. I would rather have a late used mk7.5 with lots of options than a base spec new mk8. I actually think the 7.5 is a far better looker too. I've seen reviews for the mk8 and everyone to a man complains about the touch sensitive buttons.

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 18 June 2021, 18:31 »
Having had  my cousins cayman for the past day I would seriously think of selling my own 7.5 gti performance  may be of some interest to you  what a blast with that cayman

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 18 June 2021, 18:49 »
Don't like the idea of a new car because of the initial depreciation. I did think about a new mk8 GTI but would mean a std spec without many toys. I would rather have a late used mk7.5 with lots of options than a base spec new mk8. I actually think the 7.5 is a far better looker too. I've seen reviews for the mk8 and everyone to a man complains about the touch sensitive buttons.

With the current status of massively inflated used car prices, once that bubble bursts with the restored normal supply of chips (Unless Zorin Industries do perform an operation Mainstrike), you will have hefty initial depreciation on a used Golf.

Get top dollar for the car you have now, get a great discount on a new one and be better off buying new than a year or 2 old with crazy current used prices.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 18 June 2021, 23:32 »
A friend of mine can’t find a DSG PP for love nor money either within a decent travelling distance.
He thought he’d found a decent alternative at the local VW dealer in the form of an ED35 mk6 but it turned out to be an overpriced lemon.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 19 June 2021, 08:24 »
If you added 3-4k to your budget, a TCR is in range and would be more likely to have the options you want

Yeah get a TCR  :smiley: I do feel difference with DCC, it does smooth things out nicely. When they drove the TCR on The Ring to set a record at the time the driver have the suspension in comfort mode rather than sport as it help soak up the bumps on cornering.

But good luck finding one these days.
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1