Author Topic: OBDEleven Pro - last chance to get unlimited  (Read 1235 times)

Offline sjw

• I live here
OBDEleven Pro - last chance to get unlimited
« on: 14 June 2021, 15:19 »
Hi guys,

I know there are a few OBDEleven users on here, and there have been a lot of discussions lately about whether or not to get the Pro version.

I've just been made aware that on the 15th June, Pro becomes a subscription-based model. If you buy today, you keep it for life, no subscription

Thought that was worth posting on here

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
Re: OBDEleven Pro - last chance to get unlimited
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2021, 19:33 »
And if u are already have a pro account it will be upgraded to a lifetime account. “I think”
2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2021, 20:32 »
And if u are already have a pro account it will be upgraded to a lifetime account. “I think”

Correct.

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2021, 20:48 »
Oh that explains the random notification I got on my phone today

Seems like a shame to me. They've just become too greedy and want to make more money

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2021, 20:49 »
How much would the subscription be and what would you get?

Is the best pack to get the €99.99?

So I’m undecided on wether to buy or not and if it would be any use to me, someone sell it to me why I should look at it?
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2021, 08:02 »
Bought the pro version in 2017. Found it useful to have the pro as always at least 3 vag cars in the family and the ability to 'adjust' things is very convenient. Not as good as vcds but for the money is reasonable choice.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2021, 21:41 »

If you want to buy one now before the whole Pro subscription thing kicks in - Buy a standard OBD11 and then buy the Pro upgrade activation online. It's quite a bit cheaper to buy the two individually than it is to buy them both together. Again, just seems a trick they do to try and trick people that don't notice into paying a few more quid it seems.

You can program new batteries yourself for one thing. Also can adjust the loudness of the fake engine sounds, turn stop/start off etc.
If you do a search on here or look online you'll find a full list of things it can do/adjust. Most things can be done without the Pro subscription, but you do need it for battery coding

An alternative device to consider is the Carista
« Last Edit: 15 June 2021, 21:44 by Lordie »

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2021, 22:11 »

Is the best pack to get the €99.99?

So I’m undecided on wether to buy or not and if it would be any use to me, someone sell it to me why I should look at it?

Pro would be €25 a year, ultimate will be €100 but you get unlimited credits, not that I use credits, don’t trust them, although I do like the idea of being able to write your own 1 click apps