Poll

What's your favourite colour for the Mk7/Mk7.5?

Tumeric Yellow
0 (0%)
Lapiz Blue
2 (2.4%)
Tornado Red
13 (15.9%)
Oryx Mother of Pearl White
3 (3.7%)
Indium Grey
14 (17.1%)
Deep Black Pearl
1 (1.2%)
Isaac Blue
10 (12.2%)
Atlantic Blue
4 (4.9%)
White Silver
6 (7.3%)
Carbon grey
11 (13.4%)
Reflex Silver
3 (3.7%)
Urano grey
1 (1.2%)
Limestone Grey
2 (2.4%)
Tungsten Silver
2 (2.4%)
Pure White
10 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: What's your favourite colour for the Mk7/Mk7.5? (Picture Thread as well)  (Read 6173 times)

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
A quartet of shiny/clean Indiums! I am not sure what that indicates?
« Last Edit: 12 June 2021, 20:55 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline willni

• I live here
A quartet of shiny/clean Indiums! I am not sure what that indicates?

Possibly a new Arch-Bishop of Canterbury, but that's an ecumenical matter.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
Suggestions for a collective noun - for any of the colours?  :whistle:
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
Carbon grey no doubt. Such a great colour that changes every time you look at it
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Even though I voted for Indium Grey. Lapiz Blue was the reason my Carbon Grey only last 11months 🙄

Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline willni

• I live here

I left it split into the colour names so there's more competition, grey would always win by a landslide if grouped because there's four variations of it vs say yellow with only one variation.  :smiley:

Even though I voted for Indium Grey. Lapiz Blue was the reason my Carbon Grey only last 11months 🙄

You did well to get a gti and R in 3 doors! How did you find the move from Pretorias to Brescias on your 7.5? I'm very tempted to make a switch from Pretorias to Brescias but keep seeing too many poor replicas of both alloys that put me off each.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline JB GTI

• I live here

I left it split into the colour names so there's more competition, grey would always win by a landslide if grouped because there's four variations of it vs say yellow with only one variation.  :smiley:

You did well to get a gti and R in 3 doors! How did you find the move from Pretorias to Brescias on your 7.5? I'm very tempted to make a switch from Pretorias to Brescias but keep seeing too many poor replicas of both alloys that put me off each.
The main difference would be cost to refurb if you damage one. I.e diamond cut v painted. Mine were factory wheels so can’t comment on replica’s durability. From an aesthetic point of view until it turned up I wasn’t sure about the Brescia’s but really think they suit the GTi. From memory I think the sidewall profile was 35 on the R and 40 on the GTi then factor in the stiffer suspension on the R and it was quite a bone jarring ride over slow crap British roads ( and one of the deciding factors of why I switched back to a GTi ) the GTi on the other hand was still firm but a lot better all rounder for an everyday car. Probably not helped you at all 🤣 but good luck deciding 🤪
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Well, i really had to be the one who voted for Urano didnt i??

2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline willni

• I live here
Well, i really had to be the one who voted for Urano didnt i??

Don't worry you've Wingbacks and a 3 door you're in the cool club regardless of colour  :wink:

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
Indium grey