Author Topic: Golf GTi 7.5 Questions  (Read 1617 times)

Offline PeterM140

• Just got here
Golf GTi 7.5 Questions
« on: 11 June 2021, 09:34 »
Hi all,

I sold my previous car (BMW 320d xDrive Touring) during lockdown as I was working from home and it was serving no purpose sitting on the drive, also in recent times my journeys have been much shorter <10 miles which I don't think was doing the engine any good..

So the time has come to look at getting a new set of wheels as the office has reopened and I'll occasionally visit. I had a go in a 68 plate GTi Perf pack recently and was really impressed with the drive, smooth gearbox and in-gear torque.

However I had a couple of questions about what is optional or standard on these cars, any help is much appreciated.

* Are folding mirrors when you lock the car standard?
* Is rear view camera standard?
* The car I tried had speed limit display on the dash, is this a standard item?
* Can you open the boot from the key ?

Thanks in advance.

Peter
« Last Edit: 11 June 2021, 11:15 by PeterM140 »

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Golf GTi 7.5 Questions
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2021, 12:03 »
Welcome to the forum!

Probably best to post questions in the MK7 section - https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=117.0

But in order:

Yes but you can switch that feature off.
Some yes, others optional.
I think you can select that from the menus but it may rely on a feature that is optional on some models, standard on others.
You can open the boot leaving the car locked but it doesn't lift open if that's what you mean.

The problem with some of your questions is that standard spec can vary each year. But if you pose your questions again as above, hopefully you'll get a lot more and more informed answers than mine :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2021, 16:13 »
With regards the speed limit display, the early MK7.5's (like my 2018 model), speed limit display was bundled in a paid expensive option with the adaptive front LED headlights along with Side assist and lane keeping assist. Later MK7.5's got all this as standard I believe (2019.5 onwards ?).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline PeterM140

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2021, 13:09 »
Thanks for the feedback and thank you for moving my post to a more appropriate forum.

I can see now when you look in the detail of the car, you can see what packs have been applied. Which is quite easy on the VW website, but less so on Autotrader to identify options.

The only other question I have is regarding seats. I've only tried the material seats so far and they felt nice, however my last 4 cars have had leather so no sure if I will miss them..

Is there any difference in the style of the seats and how they support you between the leather and non-leather options?

Thanks
Peter

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2021, 13:33 »
I believe them to be identical in terms of support.

Most people will tell you that the seats are an excellent design... a perfect compromise of sporty and comfy.

Unlike some others lumbar support is included on all cars too!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2021, 16:46 »
Thanks for the feedback and thank you for moving my post to a more appropriate forum.

I can see now when you look in the detail of the car, you can see what packs have been applied. Which is quite easy on the VW website, but less so on Autotrader to identify options.

The only other question I have is regarding seats. I've only tried the material seats so far and they felt nice, however my last 4 cars have had leather so no sure if I will miss them..

Is there any difference in the style of the seats and how they support you between the leather and non-leather options?

Thanks
Peter

Be aware that a car’s spec list in the used car section of VW’s website isn’t always accurate; items of equipment may be listed that aren’t present on a particular car, or items may be omitted from the spec list that are present on the car.

The seats are basically the same design whether they’re cloth or leather, so should offer the same support. However, some people find leather to be less grippy if driving ‘enthusiastically’, and the standard VW leather isn’t renowned to be the highest quality. I don’t think it’s such an issue on the mk7 and mk7.5, but on the mk6, there were quite a few examples of the leather becoming saggy and creased - especially on the seat cushion bolsters on the driver’s seat - on quite ‘young’, low mileage cars, so something to check out on cars with leather upholstery.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 14 June 2021, 20:52 »
From memory rear camera is standard on all GTI's 2019 on.

With regard to the VW used website it's not very accurate when it comes to interiors, I've seen plenty listed with cloth and it had leather. Similarly when I was buying mine they didn't list the upgraded pro-nav, rear camera or climate windscreen.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 14 June 2021, 22:19 »
You may find some cars with leather have an electrically adjustable drivers seat. Cloth seats AFAIK are all manually adjustable.
7.5 GTD