Author Topic: Help required :(  (Read 1869 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Help required :(
« Reply #10 on: 06 June 2021, 11:25 »
Tbh that makes perfect sense. All of the messages the op has are things that depend on the abs system working and a faulty sensor definitely will stop it.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Random Guy

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 07 June 2021, 12:49 »
Thank you both - the faults came back.

I think it could be the rear right wheel sensor, as it says open or short circuit (C101D code)  - for the sake of £20 I’ll give that a go first.

PS One thing I did see when faults were logged is that the voltage was captured as 13v... Battery seems ok, 14.3v when engine is on and 12.6v when off...not sure why it is capturing 13v... :undecided:

Offline Random Guy

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 12 June 2021, 13:54 »
Just as a quick update for people who may need help in the future - I changed the rear right abs sensor and it seems to have solved the issue.  I will keep driving it and will know for sure by end of next week.

If anyone else has this fault it does seem to always be the rear right abs sensor which triggers it (assuming of course the battery is ok)...

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 14 June 2021, 09:18 »
Thanks for the heads up, one to keep an eye on.
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 14 June 2021, 10:01 »
Great news.

Many systems rely on data from the ABS sensor, obviously ABS, but traction control, stability control, cruise, even TPMS uses ABS the sensor (to calculate tyre pressure by circumference), probably even more i have failed to mention.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.