Author Topic: Selling up advice  (Read 6160 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: Selling up advice
« Reply #20 on: 17 June 2021, 12:55 »
Used prices are still going vertical, its crazy

This can't go on much longer before it 'bursts' so to speak

19 plate GTI PP 14k miles standard spec and been offered £25200

That's strange I put my 19 plate GTI PP with 6k miles and big spec through and was offered £25,025. Probably no real rhyme nor reason behind a lot of the figures.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Moro

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 18 June 2021, 14:32 »
Well, just sold my 2013 GTi (owned since new) via Wizzle to a dealer  :sad: . As a second car I just don't use it much these days, but I know I'll miss it so declined to sell it to a friend to avoid seeing it again. So little hassle, and a really good price too. Money paid into my account before they left. Hope it eventually goes to a good home.
GTi Reflex Silver 5 door DSG: Sat Nav Pro; Dynaudio; Panoramic Roof; ACC; Keyless; Winter Pack; Reversing Camera

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 18 June 2021, 18:16 »
Just reading this has prompted me to get another valuation for my 2019 Polo GTI+ that I offloaded 2 weeks ago. The Motorway valuation is  £17778, up from £17147.

Crazy. Even with what I got for it, the car's cost me a net £143 a month in depreciation.

Dealers were offering £15600 "top CAP" price.
« Last Edit: 18 June 2021, 18:25 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 19 June 2021, 02:05 »
Looked at values for my June 2018, non PP, 230bhp, 6 speed dsg, 11,000 miles. Initial estimates, Motorway £23,100 and WBAC  £20,650. Food for thought.  :undecided:
« Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 06:03 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 19 June 2021, 08:45 »
Used prices are still going vertical, its crazy

This can't go on much longer before it 'bursts' so to speak

19 plate GTI PP 14k miles standard spec and been offered £25200

That's strange I put my 19 plate GTI PP with 6k miles and big spec through and was offered £25,025. Probably no real rhyme nor reason behind a lot of the figures.

Since posting Motorway have changed their valuation to £25,610, although having had the car for a few months it's very tempting to put it up for sale privately, but would need a bit since I wrapped the front end.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline MrJollygood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 19 June 2021, 13:51 »
Well, just sold my 2013 GTi (owned since new) via Wizzle to a dealer  :sad: . As a second car I just don't use it much these days, but I know I'll miss it so declined to sell it to a friend to avoid seeing it again. So little hassle, and a really good price too. Money paid into my account before they left. Hope it eventually goes to a good home.

Out of interest what was the offer? Mine's a 2013 GTi PP too...

Thanks
2013 Golf GTI (PP) Tornado Red
1959 Triumph TR3A
2014 Porsche Cayman S

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 19 June 2021, 15:30 »
I've just booked an appointment with webuyanycar to sell my Mum's Toyota Aygo. I don't like all the fees however my Mum isn't local and she's not capable of sorting out the sale on her own so as much as I wanted to go down the Motorway route, webuyanycar here we come! Having said all that, the quote so far is £1150 more than she was anticipating so I'm pretty sure that even after fees and some nitpicking, she should be happy.

Just got back from webuyanycar having sold my Mum's Aygo. I was quite impressed as to just how easy it all was, polite and professional too. My Mum was very pleased with the price she got too :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 19 June 2021, 15:37 »
I've just booked an appointment with webuyanycar to sell my Mum's Toyota Aygo. I don't like all the fees however my Mum isn't local and she's not capable of sorting out the sale on her own so as much as I wanted to go down the Motorway route, webuyanycar here we come! Having said all that, the quote so far is £1150 more than she was anticipating so I'm pretty sure that even after fees and some nitpicking, she should be happy.

Just got back from webuyanycar having sold my Mum's Aygo. I was quite impressed as to just how easy it all was, polite and professional too. My Mum was very pleased with the price she got too :smiley:

Any tips for selling to WBAC to get the best price? Not done it before and due to take the other half’s car there tomorrow.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 19 June 2021, 16:55 »
Not really, they look over the car as you'd expect and check the service history, then give you a price. You may or may not be able to haggle, we didn't as my Mum was very happy and it seemed more than reasonable to me bearing in mind the MoT and service was due by the end of the month.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 19 June 2021, 20:10 »
Not really, they look over the car as you'd expect and check the service history, then give you a price. You may or may not be able to haggle, we didn't as my Mum was very happy and it seemed more than reasonable to me bearing in mind the MoT and service was due by the end of the month.

Thanks - won’t need to go now, the dealer gave a way better px when negotiating the misses new car!
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack