Author Topic: Sat Nav address entry question  (Read 2436 times)

Offline trebor808

• Just got here
Re: Sat Nav address entry question
« Reply #10 on: 04 June 2021, 08:30 »
KR is a great color. It's the only color on the mk8 GTI.

Thanks 👍

Offline trebor808

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 04 June 2021, 08:32 »
OMG The Kings Red GTI is a stunner, I am in love, Perfect. Congrats trebor. And to your question I haven't used VW maps that much as I use Google/Apple maps. But it is not easy to find the destination you are looking for and if I misspell a letter of the address, it won't come up.
KR is a great color. It's the only color on the mk8 GTI.
Thanks 👍. My daughter & son-in-law use Google maps and say they find it more accurate, so may have to switch to Apple Car Play if I can’t find an answer.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 04 June 2021, 09:32 »
In answer to the satnav question, I've just been and experimented for you.

You either put in just a postcode (eg PE69JB)or you enter the address:  22 Accacia Avenue Peterbourough

You can try just "22 Accacia Avenue", but it will list as many "Accacia Avenues" as it can find and you will need to scroll down the list or add "Peterborough" to your input.

TBH unless its somewhere super rural, the post code will get you with a hundred metres or so. The building number isn't that important. In urban areas the post code will even indicate which side of the street it is - you shouldn't need precision targetting.

I can't imagine using "22 Accacia Avenue Peterborough" will actually take you to a more precise location either.

This will be true of even google I suspect and those guys are super good at map data.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Relishy57

« Reply #13 on: 13 June 2021, 19:53 »
Good choice on the colour. I have had my Kings Red GTI for 4 weeks now. It’s a fantastic colour.
I put in an address today using just the postcode as it was a village hall and it showed it immediately. Other times it comes up with the off-road statement. I tried exiting and then re using navigation and the address was there.

Offline trebor808

• Just got here
Car Rejected
« Reply #14 on: 02 September 2021, 08:51 »
After initially being pleased with the car some of the faults that have been highlighted on this forum started appearing - SOS, Reversing Camera, Speaker Popping, Internet Disconnection, etc. It had been into the dealers for numerous updates, one being temporary. The final straw was after having the car for 8 days to do 3 updates they had scratched the bonnet and lost some Swarovski Crystals from the key fob. My mental state diminished to the level I was at over 10 years ago - pretty bad. I submitted a rejection letter to the dealer who sat on it for 2 weeks until I contacted them. Wanted to see the bonnet. My daughter took over things as I was too ill to deal with them. Finally, the car was returned this week and I am waiting for the refund to go into my bank. I cannot understand why a large manufacturing group cannot resolve all the faults that owners are experiencing. In my opinion, the car should never have been released until it was comprehensively tested not just on the line but the road too. I will not be buying another one, so good luck to all who are experiencing faults with their MK8 Golf’s, I really feel for you. Thanks.

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #15 on: 02 September 2021, 10:36 »
Sorry to hear you've had to reject the car, it saddens me that VW are affecting peoples mental health as well as not being able to repair the cars.  :cry:
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
Re: Car Rejected
« Reply #16 on: 02 September 2021, 10:47 »
After initially being pleased with the car some of the faults that have been highlighted on this forum started appearing - SOS, Reversing Camera, Speaker Popping, Internet Disconnection, etc. It had been into the dealers for numerous updates, one being temporary. The final straw was after having the car for 8 days to do 3 updates they had scratched the bonnet and lost some Swarovski Crystals from the key fob. My mental state diminished to the level I was at over 10 years ago - pretty bad. I submitted a rejection letter to the dealer who sat on it for 2 weeks until I contacted them. Wanted to see the bonnet. My daughter took over things as I was too ill to deal with them. Finally, the car was returned this week and I am waiting for the refund to go into my bank. I cannot understand why a large manufacturing group cannot resolve all the faults that owners are experiencing. In my opinion, the car should never have been released until it was comprehensively tested not just on the line but the road too. I will not be buying another one, so good luck to all who are experiencing faults with their MK8 Golf’s, I really feel for you. Thanks.
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you get better soon and hope you find a more stable enjoyable car soon.
it is really stressful dealing with so many little issues on new expensive car.
I have not driven my own GTI for weeks now i cannot stand the constant resetting of everything only good thing is that i have a second car.
« Last Edit: 02 September 2021, 10:48 by bjbanny »
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #17 on: 02 September 2021, 10:49 »
Not good Trebor.... I can understand where you are coming from.

I've tried not to let mine drive me batty.... and also largely given up wasting my time taking it to the dealers for them not to be able to fix it. I think the fixes don't actually exist...yet...maybe ever.

The lovely thing to bear in mind with your car is that will be on the dealer's forecourt in the next couple of days for sale...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline trebor808

• Just got here
« Reply #18 on: 02 September 2021, 16:58 »
Thanks for everyone’s kind comments. They are much appreciated.

Relishy57

« Reply #19 on: 02 September 2021, 19:23 »
Sorry to hear you have had to return the car Trebor. I was feeling very stressed over my squeaking and rattling issues, new cars are meant to be enjoyed. Like Fred I have tried to put the niggles aside and enjoy driving the car.
I did email VW customer services to say how unhappy I was to have a car which appears to have been released with faults. I had my previous cars for 4+ years but told them I was very nervous re keeping this one after warranties expire. I did suggest that those of us who are to all intents and purposes being their testers and not fully getting what we paid for should have a warranty extension. Apparently they are working around the clock to fix the software problems! This was from a conversation with VW customer service today.