Author Topic: Sat Nav address entry question  (Read 2435 times)

Offline trebor808

• Just got here
Sat Nav address entry question
« on: 01 June 2021, 19:53 »
Hi,

Is there any way of entering a postcode and door number in the sat nav on a Mk8? Each time I enter a postcode I get some street suggestions and when I choose the right street it goes straight to starting the route with no option to enter a door number. Either this option is not available or I’m doing something wrong.

This is my first VW, which is a GTI.

Thanks in anticipation.

Robert

Offline theminty1

• Not said much yet
Re: Sat Nav address entry question
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2021, 08:05 »
Robert not sure of your query however Kings Red, can you upload more photos please and how are you getting on with the sunroof. Not may/any around at the moment with this combo.
What sort of colour shade wise is it to the similar colour on the Renaults. Ta

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2021, 14:11 »
What sort of colour shade wise is it to the similar colour on the Renaults. Ta

Probably not easy for anyone to give a definitive answer unless they’ve owned both.

I think the similar Renault colour is Flame Red metallic. If you Google ‘Renault Clio Flame Red’ or carry out a similar search on YouTube, you’ll find lots of images / videos that you can compare to the picture posted by trebor808. You can also check out Google images and YouTube videos of Kings Red mk8 Golfs, plus pictures of nearly new Kings Red Golfs for sale on VW’s website, Autotrader and other pictures posted by members on this forum (search for ‘kings red GTI’ on the mk8 forum board using the search function). That way, you should get a good selection of images of the two colours under different lighting conditions that you can compare.

From trebor808’s picture of their GTI, IMO Kings Red looks to have a copper coloured tone to it that Renault Flame Red doesn’t, although that could be down to the lighting conditions when trebor808 took the picture of their car - it probably looks completely different in bright sunlight.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2021, 15:47 »
KR has to be seen with your own eyes unfortunately.

I've yet to see a photo of it that looks like real life.

Its not even Renault/Peugot sort of metallic burgundy exactly - its similar, but not quite.

Its definitely not the lovely bright red that you see on the Golf GTI tv adverts...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline theminty1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2021, 16:04 »
So come on then vw. Give us some brighter colours.
What are the chances of that.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2021, 16:31 »
KR is a bit lighter than Renault's Cherry Red. But it still comes across as darkish red in the flesh and is quite different from TR.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2021, 20:07 »
So come on then vw. Give us some brighter colours.
What are the chances of that.

Zero it seems.

This time they've even pretty much standardised the colour options globally.... I think the bile yellow might be in Germany, but that's it  :sick:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline trebor808

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2021, 13:26 »
Thanks for all your comments on the colour and I think it has a copper tinge to it. I’ve uploaded some more photos that may help others. But can someone please give me an answer to my postcode/door number question?

Regards,
Robert

Offline miromen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 03 June 2021, 15:46 »
KR is a great color. It's the only color on the mk8 GTI.
« Last Edit: 03 June 2021, 17:36 by miromen »

Offline massimo23

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 03 June 2021, 23:07 »
OMG The Kings Red GTI is a stunner, I am in love, Perfect. Congrats trebor. And to your question I haven't used VW maps that much as I use Google/Apple maps. But it is not easy to find the destination you are looking for and if I misspell a letter of the address, it won't come up.