Author Topic: VW All in offer  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
Re: VW All in offer
« Reply #10 on: 12 June 2021, 21:11 »
I wonder if u can cancel at any time? Not much in the small print
2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 22 June 2021, 10:05 »
Has anyone else considered this "all in" service.

My car is due a service soon, so I am considering it.
I have called 2 x VW garages to ask questions relating to early redemption if you sell the car and charge for the initial eligibility check, they will get back to me?

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 22 June 2021, 10:20 »
I just did this and they said I can cancel if I sell the car at any time and stop the payments
2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 22 June 2021, 11:53 »
I just did this and they said I can cancel if I sell the car at any time and stop the payments

Thanks, so book the car in for a £350 major service, make one monthly payment of £33, sell car, cancel payments.

Sounds almost too good to be true? :)

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 22 June 2021, 12:26 »
That’s what I got back on a email.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 22 June 2021, 13:14 »

Thanks, so book the car in for a £350 major service, make one monthly payment of £33, sell car, cancel payments.

Sounds almost too good to be true? :)

Highly unlikely IMO.

Just looked at the Warranty terms and conditions of this ‘All In’ product. There is a right of cancellation, but it’s just the normal cancellation within the 14 day cooling off period as required under consumer legislation. The cancellation clause also states that once the performance of any services under the agreement is expressly requested within that 14 day period, you lose the right to cancel. The word ‘Agreement’ is defined (under ‘Meaning of Words’) and that definition includes Roadside Assistance and the Service Plan.

So my interpretation (for what it’s worth) is that you can cancel within the first 14 days, but only if you’ve not asked for a service to be performed under the agreement, whether that service is a physical car service, a warranty claim or roadside recovery / assistance. Outside of the 14 day cooling off period, there doesn’t appear to be any right of cancellation.

The T’s and C’s are well hidden - they can be accessed at the link in the text circled in red on the last page of the ‘All in’ booklet - screenshot below. The ‘All in’ booklet is at the following link;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/gb/owners/service-plans/all-in/All-in-Driver-Guide.pdf

For anyone who’s modified their car and might be considering buying this product, there’s a modified vehicles exclusion under the warranty cover - exclusion no.6. The exclusion is really restrictive and specific;

This cover does not cover any injury, failure, loss or damage caused by, arising from or in connection with the following;
6. Vehicles modified in any way from the original manufacturer’s specification.

It doesn’t say that only loss or damage connected to the modification is excluded, it’s any injury, failure, loss or damage. So taken literally, if someone fitted a set of aftermarket wheels, or a lip spoiler and the turbo failed, the claim could be declined. To me, that’s bordering on the warranty being a worthless product. Maybe something to be checked with VW over their interpretation of that exclusion and if it’s an unfair term or unreasonable, then maybe it needs to raised with the FCA or FOS.

I can remember a young guy over on the VW Polo forum who wanted to make some minor cosmetic changes to his approved used Polo (I think he was considering fitting new door mirror caps and tailgate spoiler). The VW ‘Approved Used’ warranty had a similar exclusion and when he queried it with VW, they told him by making the cosmetic changes he wanted, he’d invalidate his entire warranty!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 22 June 2021, 14:14 »
Thank's SRGTD for covering the finer small print.

I was joking with my service - one payment - cancel line, VW are far too clued up for that!

Reading through it does seem quite a commitment, unless you are keeping the car standard and own it for a defined period.

I do despair of modern motoring service schedules, it's as if it's not our car, we just have the privilege of keeping it to VW's exacting standards until we move on to the next one?

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #17 on: 24 June 2021, 20:34 »
Took mine in for an Air Con Service and asked about the Offer, they carried out the Eligibility Check and asked about any mods, I told them abut the Pedal Box and the extended paddle shifters. They were fine about the Pedal Box, but would not cover the shifters, which at the end of the day, I am not fussed about, will pay for them myself if I need to.

Offline AmbushReality

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 20 September 2021, 17:07 »
I've been looking in to this as I have booked my 3.5 year old mk7.5 in for a 4th service in October and asked about modified cars, expecting the warranty to be voided. The guy told me that they wouldn't service a modified car at all though which would exclude me if I went for their cheaper offer of 2 services for just under £500 (as opposed to the all-in offer). Is there any truth to this? I do think I can live with this car for 2 more years as I do like it but have the itch for more power.