Author Topic: MK 7 Clubsport or 7.5 PP??  (Read 15442 times)

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
Re: MK 7 Clubsport or 7.5 PP??
« Reply #90 on: 09 July 2021, 22:19 »
I'm noticing prices on the Edition 40's seem to be quite strong at the moment?
Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 09 July 2021, 23:48 »
I'm noticing prices on the Edition 40's seem to be quite strong at the moment?

Not just ED40’s; pretty much all good late date in-demand cars.

It’s largely a consequence of the world shortage of semi conductors, which is having a significant impact on many manufacturing sectors, including vehicle production.
  • increased lead times for new cars as a result of a number of manufacturers having to temporarily suspend production, reduce the number of production lines, or move to shorter working hours. Some customers probably aren’t prepared to accept excessively long lead times so may consider buying late date used cars instead, increasing the demand for these cars.
  • increased demand by dealers for good late date cars to replenish reducing stock, especially if the new vehicles they’ve ordered for dealership stock aren’t filtering through from the factory
The bubble is likely to burst once the supply of semiconductors is back to normal levels and car manufacturers can ramp up new car production. How long it’ll will be before that happens is an unknown. Anyone selling to take advantage of the current market conditions may get a very good price for their car, but they’re then faced with the dilemma of what to replace their car with;
  • another similar used car which is likely to have an inflated sale price in the current market.
  • wait for a new car to be built and accept they may be car-less for a few months, unless they have a second vehicle they can use in the meantime.
  • if lucky they might find a new in-stock car at a dealers. If they can, then IMO the chances of the dealer willing to discount the price is much less likely in the current market.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #92 on: 10 July 2021, 00:27 »
Perfect assessment  :smiley:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 10 July 2021, 09:07 »
Also new car prices have got a bit silly in the past few years. Lease prices in particular have shot up. My car is 3.5 years old and normally I'd have changed by now, but I expect I'll probably hang on to it for at least another year.
7.5 GTD

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 10 July 2021, 13:46 »
here i am, bit late, lol yeah i've started to do a list of all the Edition 40's in the uk which are numbered - currently found 183. but if you ever decide to join the ol fb or insta, groups as follows:

• Clubsport Edition 40 UK Owners Club
  • VW GOLF GTI EDITION 40 OWNERS

• Insta: @edition40ownersclub

Don't do FB or Insta, but feel free to add me, number 706.

Would be interested to see the list.

2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline My other womans a vw.

• GTI forum regular
    « Reply #95 on: 14 July 2021, 20:01 »
    Just spotted a suspicious clubsport for sale on eBay.
    It’s a black one,the rear seats are leather,as opposed to the standard clubsport pattern.
    Asked the seller if the seats were correct,he replied saying they’d been retrimmed by the dealer.
    Hey,he might be legit,but it jumped out at me straight away.
    I think people should do their homework on this one before jumping in.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
    « Reply #96 on: 15 July 2021, 13:19 »
    Asked the seller if the seats were correct,he replied saying they’d been retrimmed by the dealer.

Not so sure about that, why on earth would you retrim the seats??

Looks a right mis-match now, it would be ringing alarm bells for me and i, personally, would be steering well clear if i were still on the hunt for a CS.
    2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline My other womans a vw.

• GTI forum regular
    « Reply #97 on: 15 July 2021, 15:25 »
    It’s got a chequered past that car,i’m convinced of it.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
    « Reply #98 on: 15 July 2021, 19:14 »
    The rear seats do seem odd, that mismatch would drive me mad, I doubt the supplying dealer sold it that way.
    I wonder if the original rear seats found their way into the rear of a CS-S at some point making it a 4-5 seater?

Mk7 CS prices seem buoyant at the moment, with a low miles CS-S around £40k (for a good one?) and a Mk8 CS thereabouts with extras, they do look reasonable value, in the right spec. :)

I am almost tempted to let my 10k miler go, but don't really know what I would replace it with?

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
    « Reply #99 on: 16 July 2021, 10:16 »
    Mk7 CS prices seem buoyant at the moment, with a low miles CS-S around £40k (for a good one?) and a Mk8 CS thereabouts with extras, they do look reasonable value, in the right spec. :)

I am almost tempted to let my 10k miler go, but don't really know what I would replace it with?

And therein lies the dilemma:
    • Sell your car to take advantage of the current buoyant used car values but then find anything that’s nearly new and an in-demand model will currently have an inflated sale price, due to the worldwide shortage of semiconductors which has resulted in supply shortages of new cars and increased demand for good nearly new cars.
    • order a new factory build to your spec, but suffer a longer than usual wait for delivery. Manufacturers are currently having issues fulfilling customer orders within their normal lead times as they can’t get the semiconductors they need to build cars. Longer than usual lead times aren’t such an issue if you’ve got a second car to use, but could be if you have just the one car.
    • Find a new in-stock car at a dealer’s in a colour and spec you’d be happy with. Because of shortages of new cars which will mean reduced dealership stock levels, dealers will probably be much less willing to negotiate on the price of stock vehicles.
    So buoyant used car values is the upside of the current situation which is good if you’re selling, but don’t forget the downsides.
    2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
    Gone but not forgotten;
    2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
    2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
    2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
    2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl