Author Topic: Active Info Display Colour/Theme  (Read 2110 times)

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
Active Info Display Colour/Theme
« on: 20 February 2021, 18:42 »
Folks - thought I would be clever and have a play with carista by activating colours and tweaking cluster theme etc - however, sure I did not permanently change anything (I actually ended up reverting all colour theme option/numbers back to "None "and reverted cluster theme back to original number/default setting of 4 - i am sure it was set to 4 as I took a photo before changing anything). However, as in the below before and after somehow I seem to have lost the red inner highlight and replaced it with white . Can any carista/obd 11 users advise me what the default aid settings are or is there a way to revert the aid back to factory setting?

Thanks

Before 

After

« Last Edit: 20 February 2021, 18:44 by mistac »
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
Re: Active Info Display Colour/Theme
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2021, 10:32 »
You tried going car settings and resetting the background lighting?
But as I don’t use charista I haven’t a clue what you mean by “4” (ah you mean tube version)

Offline mb

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2021, 19:22 »
Can't help with your problem (sorry) as I have the red highlight on the dials. I went out to check after reading your post, (first time I changed the view as it's been on gear and speed since I got the car in December).

Anyway, I found out that if you press the 'OK' button the main dials get bigger or smaller!

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2021, 11:05 »
So dug out some mods I did before I enabled background lighting to change the colour scheme, and found that changing vehicle variant in long coding in the dash module to 2 or 3 brings up the red colour (2 door and 4 door GTi), not sure where you got 4 from if indeed this is what charista uses to change the colour

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 27 February 2021, 18:48 »
thanks - through a bit of trial and error it is now sorted
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Ulysses31

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2021, 14:32 »
Amazing how much worse it looks in white for such a small change.
White Golf GTI Mk7.5

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2021, 14:35 »
Just wish there was a way to change those pesky, disappearing white needles to red!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 14 June 2021, 12:42 »
In Carista if you opt for dials type 6, 7 or 8 it replaces the 20-40-60 speedometer with one showing 10, 30, 50 as well, smaller, in between the 20, 40 and 60.  Much better in my view.  Only works on the full size dials, when smaller in map display the 30 50 70 disappear.
Golf GTi Mark 7 owner