Author Topic: Not moving in Drive. (DSG gearbox)  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Hazimaro

• Not said much yet
Not moving in Drive. (DSG gearbox)
« on: 28 November 2020, 22:12 »
Hello,

I took my GOLF GTI MK6 2011 46k on the clock out the drive. As I was going down the road, the car wasn’t shifting into second gear. It stopped in the middle of the road and the Rev meter was just hitting its capped 3k rpm. I turned it off and back on again, it again moved but only in first gear not shifting up. Again as I got closer to my driveway it stopped and the engine still running with the rev meter behaving like it was in neutral. No warning lights ect

I did some research online, stating it could be the mechatronic unit. Anyone had similar issues with the mk6 DSG gear box?

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
Re: Not moving in Drive. (DSG gearbox)
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2020, 15:55 »
Did the dash flash at the time. Its sounds like a mecatronics unit issue from your discription.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Hazimaro

• Not said much yet
Re: Not moving in Drive. (DSG gearbox)
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2020, 20:11 »
Did the dash flash at the time. Its sounds like a mecatronics unit issue from your discription.

Hey snoopy, due to being very busy that day when taking it out. I can’t recall if the dash board was lighting up, going to re-test on the weekend. I did research online and like you said, it’s directing towards the mechatronic unit. It will ultimately come down to a garage that deals with mechatronic units/DSG gear boxes.

Thanks for your response