Author Topic: Model year changes  (Read 12371 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
Model year changes
« on: 05 May 2020, 10:39 »
It is not a complete list and if anyone can fill in the blanks please do, but after searching all EVO1986 old posts from 2009-2013 i have compiled a list of changes that VWuk sent out as bulletins to the VW dealer network Hope this helps someone in the future of when something changed.

Model year 2011 (dealer informed April 2010)
Golf     
All trims                       
Manual gearboxes gain hill hold function (week 22)
Second ESP lamp in instrument cluster, (week 22)

GT, GTD, GTI, R           
Change to the images on multifunction steering wheel buttons, (week 22). Also affects optional multifunction steering wheel on Golf S and SE trims

1.6 105 PS TDI
TDI badge at rear gains red 'I' (week 22)

GTD, GTI           
LED rear lights applied as standard, (week 22)

GTD     
New optional 18-inch Charleston shadow alloys, replace optional 18-inch Vancouver alloys (week 22)                                                     

GT 1.4 TSI 160 PS         
Plastic under-body guard (week 27)

Model year 2011 (dealer informed October 2010)
All models
Optional multi-function display in colour. Price:  S, £230, BM/Match/GT/GTI/GTD/R, £180
Alteration of gearshift lever for DSG.
Electronic climate control rotary dial changed to matt black.
Mute button added to optical parking system with rear-view camera.

S/Match/GT
Scaling discontinued on climatic dial switch and interior sensor removed from vents and footwells.

Match/GT
New optional 17-inch Salamanca alloy wheels replace optional 17-inch Seattle alloy wheels. Price: Match £620, GT £260. Existing orders with Seattle alloy wheels will be built unless amended by Retailer before order is confirmed for production.

GTI/GTD
Optional bi-xenon headlights now come with LED daytime running lights.
Cosmetic alteration to GTI/GTD badge on steering wheel.

Model year 2012 (dealer informed April 2011)

The engine and specification changes outlined below will come into effect from production week 22. Please inform customers of these changes.

Golf models

All models
-         RNS 315/510 satellite navigation can now recognise full seven-digit postcodes. Click here for more sat-nav information

-         RNS 315/510 now comes with map data loaded on its hard disk drive (HDD)

-         RCD 210/310 Radio display changes from blue with black text to black with white text.

S, BlueMotion, Match, GT
-         The symbols on the Climatic air-conditioning have changed

GTD, GTI, R
-         New LED rear number plate lights as standard

GTI
-         Optional 19-inch Glendale alloy wheels are now available for a retail price of £995

GTD, GTI, R
-         Drivers can now switch off the vehicle Electronic Stabilisation Programme (ESP) and Anti-Slip Regulation (ASR) systems for sportier driving, as standard.

Sept 2011 Edition 35 information to dealers
Orders for the Golf GTI Edition 35 – launched to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the original hot hatch – will be open tomorrow, Friday 2 September.
With an increase in power of 25 PS over the standard version, this special edition develops 235 PS and is the most powerful Golf GTI model to date. Other features include a revised front bumper, lightweight 18-inch alloy wheels and the return of the 'golf ball' gear knob.

Retailer quota and production volumes

– Retailer quota for the Golf GTI Edition 35 will be part of the standard quota of GTI and GTD volumes
– There will be limited production volumes for the UK, with around 200 units expected in 2011 and around 600 for 2012

Insurance groups
The Golf GTI Edition 35 has an insurance group of 35E.

Standard equipment above GTI
Exterior:
18-inch Watkins Glen dark steel alloy wheels   
Exterior sports styling: side skirts and front bumper
Bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights
Edition 35 badge on front wing
Rear tinted windows with 90 per cent tinted glass
Rear tinted LED lights
Black door mirrors

Interior:
Vienna leather
Black Array decorative inserts
Heated front seats
Floor mats, with special Edition 35 embroidery
Edition 35 door-sill inserts
Red stripe on seatbelt
'Golf ball' gear knob

Colour availability (exterior)
 Black (A1), Tornado Red (G2), Candy White (B4), Carbon Steel Grey Metallic (1K), Reflex Silver Metallic (8E), Shadow Blue Metallic (P6), Steel Grey Metallic (X6), Deep Black Pearlescent (2T),Blue Graphite Pearlescent (W9)

Prices:
3 door manual £27525.00 OTR, 3 door dsg £28,820 OTR, 5 door manual £28,110 OTR, 5 door dsg £29,405 OTR

« Last Edit: 06 May 2020, 08:58 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Borbus

• Not said much yet
Re: Model year changes
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2020, 20:01 »
Does hill hold consist of some new hardware installed in the cars? I notice in my 2010 I can enable hill hold in OBD11, but I don't actually live near any hills so haven't tested it yet.

Didn't know Mk6s could come with LED tail lights...
2010 Mk6 GTI

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2020, 10:43 »
Iirc the very very early cars hillhold it wouldn't work on as something to do with rear brakes but I could be remembering it wrong was a few years back.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline drokkeh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2020, 15:41 »
Does hill hold consist of some new hardware installed in the cars? I notice in my 2010 I can enable hill hold in OBD11, but I don't actually live near any hills so haven't tested it yet.

My 61 Plate Gti has original LED tail lights

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2020, 18:28 »

My 61 Plate Gti has original LED tail lights

My 11 plate GTD also had them. They were part of the standard spec when I ordered it in October 2010.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Borbus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2020, 19:41 »
I tried to enable hill hold on my '10 but the traction control off light came on on the dashboard, so I turned it off again. Guess I don't have that feature. Good thing I can use the handbrake :)
2010 Mk6 GTI

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2020, 20:36 »
I tried to enable hill hold on my '10 but the traction control off light came on on the dashboard, so I turned it off again. Guess I don't have that feature. Good thing I can use the handbrake :)

A quick Google search and in the Dec 2010 Golf brochure, hill hold was standard on the entry level S model, so would’ve been a feature across the whole Golf model range at that time. I can’t see any reference to hill hold in the April 2009 brochure. So, hill hold was introduced at some point between April 2009 and Dec 2010 - possibly from build week 22 in 2010 which is when production of the 2011 model year vehicles would have started.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl