Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739893 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11450 on: 16 June 2021, 19:42 »
Yesterday afternoon I picked up my Clubsport, had a quick mess around with it last night trying to get my head round all the controls and head unit.

Today, as I asked them not to valet it, I've spent most of the day cleaning the already clean interior.

Really pleased with it so far, everything's as it should be, not uncovered any nasty surprises.

When importing music to Jukebox it reports 12gb hdd available??  Thought they had 64gg hdd??

Would you consider getting the front end wrapped in PPF if there's very few stone chips?

Can't comment on the Jukebox I just run spotify as it's handier.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11451 on: 17 June 2021, 16:34 »
Wash day today, first since January :embarrassed:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #11452 on: 17 June 2021, 16:47 »
Looking fantastic!
It's come up really well, I assume you had a serious wax or ceramic coat treatment to protect it since January?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11453 on: 17 June 2021, 16:52 »
Looking fantastic!
It's come up really well, I assume you had a serious wax or ceramic coat treatment to protect it since January?

No....

Last wash before the January one was in September when it was waxed.....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #11454 on: 17 June 2021, 17:38 »
Wow!... that's a decent wax you use in that case!

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11455 on: 17 June 2021, 18:45 »
Sold it. Just my personal and family circumstances. Been a pleasure being part of this forum though. Stay safe and happy motoring
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11456 on: 17 June 2021, 19:29 »
Sold it. Just my personal and family circumstances. Been a pleasure being part of this forum though. Stay safe and happy motoring

That's a shame, no need to be a stranger though, I'm sure you still have plenty of experience that will be of interest to others :smiley:. All the best!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11457 on: 17 June 2021, 19:33 »
Wow!... that's a decent wax you use in that case!

Thanks for the comments :smiley: The wax is FinishKare 1000P and does have a good life. I doubled up with a top layer of their Pink paste wax too. I like it, gives good results and it's a decent price. Although it might be that with the amount of muck that's been on the car continuously it's had very little exposure for it to degrade :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11458 on: 17 June 2021, 21:58 »

That's a shame, no need to be a stranger though, I'm sure you still have plenty of experience that will be of interest to others :smiley:. All the best!
What’s. Thanks, always found you very helpful. I’m staying within the VW group, getting a Skoda Karoq (With virtual cockpit of course 😀) so the good and bad it’s fairly similar I guess
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11459 on: 19 June 2021, 12:15 »
Fired the car up for sale today after a house and if it sells it sells, not fussed if it doesn't. Spec Below:

2 Services with a VW Service Plan remaining, 20 months Volkswagen Warranty, 6,560 miles. Front end (Bumper, Bonnet,Wings) Gloss Black B Pillars and boot lip wrapped in PPF 3 months ago along with a 5 year ceramic coat. Rear of the Roof wrapped black, mirror caps painted gloss black (originals in red wrapped as well).

2019 GTI PP, 3 Door, DSG, Tornado Red, serviced at 2k and 4k, Climate Windscreen, Panoramic Roof, Vienna Leather, Dynaudio, Pro Navigation with gesture control, 19" Santiagos, TCR mats, Boot liner. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's at 7mm.

Can be sold with Genuine T-Roc Pretorias or a private reg of 'WIB 210' for extra.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/