Author Topic: speed and red light cameras search included on DVD map ????  (Read 8185 times)

Offline mike.

• I live here
Re: speed and red light cameras search included on DVD map ????
« Reply #20 on: 10 August 2012, 07:58 »
It is also handy having them on SD card, if you go to France, as they can be deleted easily if stopped by the Rozzers saving you that €1500 fine  :laugh:
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 10 August 2012, 08:38 »
It is also handy having them on SD card, if you go to France, as they can be deleted easily if stopped by the Rozzers saving you that €1500 fine  :laugh:

Do the French not let you have speed cams then? Why not?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 10 August 2012, 08:49 »
Yep, from the start of this year  :shocked:

Effective from 3 January 2012.

French laws prohibiting drivers from carrying devices capable of detecting speed cameras have been extended to include devices able to warn or inform of the location of speed cameras e.g. satnav or gps systems capable of showing speed camera sites as PoI

Penalties can include fines of up to €1,500, confiscation of the device and of the vehicle.

Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 10 August 2012, 09:52 »
Yep, from the start of this year  :shocked:

Effective from 3 January 2012.

French laws prohibiting drivers from carrying devices capable of detecting speed cameras have been extended to include devices able to warn or inform of the location of speed cameras e.g. satnav or gps systems capable of showing speed camera sites as PoI

Penalties can include fines of up to €1,500, confiscation of the device and of the vehicle.

:shocked: ah good to know, thanks Mike...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #24 on: 10 August 2012, 10:00 »
That's interesting, if the wording is followed exactly, the VW Sat Nav is not permitted as it is able to display, even if it is not displayed/enabled. Wonder how the French are going to interpretate this law.

Offline tconl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 10 August 2012, 10:01 »
And what about the speed limit sign . I do remember seen it before when I first got my rns 510 but now it's not there is it in the settings or something?    Also here a picture I just took of speed cam
« Last Edit: 10 August 2012, 10:08 by tconl »

MonkeyP

« Reply #26 on: 14 August 2012, 18:00 »
I downloaded the file HERE

Extracted the file and put it on the SD card in a directory called PersonalPOI

Put the SD card in the RNS510

Go to SETUP - NAVIGATION and select My Points of interest, then press import and it should import the database.

Got to SETUP - MAP and Select Map Details, scroll down and Speed Cameras should be the last POI category

I don't have the my points of interest option. All I have is
3 alternative routes
Nav announcements
Time display
Define home
Advanced settings

Can anyone shed some light y it's my working.

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 14 August 2012, 19:23 »
It will probably be the firmware version, I think it has to be 3810 or above.

What version do you have?

MonkeyP

« Reply #28 on: 14 August 2012, 21:16 »
It will probably be the firmware version, I think it has to be 3810 or above.

What version do you have?

How would i check. I know i have read it somewhere on here before but cant remember where.