Author Topic: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!  (Read 22515 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: (Another) Newbie just ordered!
« Reply #20 on: 14 May 2012, 08:25 »
That's the thing I like about the GTi GTD, it does literally everything, including get you kicked through your seat!  :grin:

The dealers I spoke to said anywhere between 2 and 5 months so it does seem like a bit of a lottery. If it comes in time for the start of September though it'll be a nice birthday present!

That's not nice to hear RickS, do you keep pestering the dealer? I'd be ringing most days if mine's going to be that long getting the line!

As a side note, apparently there's only been 30 edition 35's registered?!

Part of the issue on delivery is whether your dealer has specific allocation as this can effect the time for VW to give the dealer order confirmation. Some del ears may have cars on order which you can tweak the spec on (as we did with the Pirelli we bought what was to be their demo)

blimey if on 30 on the road at the moment 10% of them were at Pistonheads sunday service, PH white one, a 5 door red on 19s and mine

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 14 May 2012, 08:43 »
There's got to be more than 30 edition 35's, about 15 on autotrader, about 20 on VW site about 10 people with them on here. Still not a lot though. I don't see many standard GTI's, well not the amount as i did the mk5's ,sign of the times. I might not ever see another ed35 on the road.
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 14 May 2012, 12:20 »
There's got to be more than 30 edition 35's, about 15 on autotrader, about 20 on VW site about 10 people with them on here. Still not a lot though. I don't see many standard GTI's, well not the amount as i did the mk5's ,sign of the times. I might not ever see another ed35 on the road.

It may not be a million miles off, the auto trader ads are VW dealers so are the same as the ones that appear on VW's website.

Either way, I've only seen one other, apart from the one at the dealers which I test drove a month or 2 back  :smiley:
Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 14 May 2012, 13:19 »
I've seen a few Mk6 GTI's and only 1 Edition 35 (Candy White). The Edition 35 is a great looking car in the flesh.

Mostly though I've seen Mk6 GTD's.

I can live with my car being exclusive though  :grin:

Offline Flying Haggis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 14 May 2012, 14:57 »
Welcome to Edition 35. Sounds similar to mine, less the ACC. I managed to get hold of a dealer ordered one, so had a 1 month wait.

I ve only seen one other 35 on the road, same colour, wheels and number of doors...that was on day 3 of having it..couldn't believe it. I don't even see a huge amount of Std GTIs around, the most frequently sighted is the GTD.

My keyring has basically broken already, so don't hold out hope for that...!

Now at 2.9k and everything seems to be working well.

ED35, Carbon Grey, 5 dr, DSG, RNS510, Cruise control, lux, sunroof, parking sensor and 18" Watkins.

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 14 May 2012, 17:26 »
Welcome to Edition 35. Sounds similar to mine, less the ACC. I managed to get hold of a dealer ordered one, so had a 1 month wait.

I ve only seen one other 35 on the road, same colour, wheels and number of doors...that was on day 3 of having it..couldn't believe it. I don't even see a huge amount of Std GTIs around, the most frequently sighted is the GTD.

My keyring has basically broken already, so don't hold out hope for that...!

Now at 2.9k and everything seems to be working well.

Dealer called today to say car's ordered but will be up to a month before I get a build date! You got lucky Flying Haggis. They did offer me an identical car but with nav, and for 1300 extra which I turned down. Can't justify that much money for something I won't use often and only brings the delivery forward.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 14 May 2012, 19:01 »

I suspect the figure of 30 came from the following;

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=Golf+gti+edition

It says the site is regularly updated, but doesn't say how often or when it was last updated. Also, the 30 vehicles relate to cars registered in 2011, with no data given for 2012.

So, incomplete data.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 14 May 2012, 19:57 »
My dealer has only sold two ED35's so far. The demonstrator (in black) which went elsewhere and mine which is the only customer order they have had for one. Mine is the only 12 plate and only a handful of GTI Mk6's where I live. Oddly there are two 12 plate R's! One RB with Silver 19's and one CW with Black 19's. TBH the RB looks way better.
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline carl1

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 14 May 2012, 20:58 »

I suspect the figure of 30 came from the following;

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/?q=Golf+gti+edition

It says the site is regularly updated, but doesn't say how often or when it was last updated. Also, the 30 vehicles relate to cars registered in 2011, with no data given for 2012.

So, incomplete data.

Yes but its saying 30 manual and 28 semi automatics, so 58 in total in 2011. Sounds about right.
GTI manual PP, now sold  :-(

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 14 May 2012, 21:49 »
As far as I know my dealer's only done 1, and that was an ex demo. They're also saying they just aren't shifting GTi's in general as someone has said already. Edi35 I've also seen more R's near me, 1 as opposed to no 35's. I really wanted the GTI in RB! Suppose the R owners need some distinction though!

Ye I've been a bit dim there missing it being split into manual and DSG!