Author Topic: Looks like a mark 7 Golf variant - WOW !  (Read 7376 times)

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
Re: Looks like a mark 7 Golf variant - WOW !
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2012, 12:26 »
looks like a q8  :undecided:

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2012, 12:53 »
It’s got the current front end to be found on the CC and passat that’s just been up dated that in it’s self would make sense this is the mark 7
The back end is very sculpted , look also at the large back wheel arch given it a very sporty look , dare I say a sexy Golf ! We know it’s going to be lower longer and wider while the GTI version is losing 80kg. Superb!

Kerrse,
That’s because it is raised hence I wrote a 4 x 4 version. Use you imagination by taking away the raised suspension. It looks a winner to me on looks.
« Last Edit: 05 March 2012, 12:57 by I.D.C. »

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2012, 13:01 »
Looks more like a new Audi A3 with a VW grille on the front. I don't like it at all. To boxy looking.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 05 March 2012, 13:32 »
Looks more like a new Audi A3 with a VW grille on the front. I don't like it at all. To boxy looking.
All Golfs a 'boxy' that's why they are so pratical.
If it looks good in a picture you can guarantee it will be way better when you actually see it in the metal. It’s way better than artists versions that have been floating about which did nothing for me. This actually excites me now which will make me hold on to my own till I can make an order

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2012, 13:38 »
I reckon thats a vw crossover, imo this will definately be the mk7!!

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 05 March 2012, 14:17 »
Jim is that not an artists version ?
Going by the picture VW did by ‘mistake’ , the one with the two guy’s claying a model of the new golf in the back ground the rear window was more at an angle like it is on the link.

We will see but for me take away the raised suspension and you have the Mrk 7 golf
The front end is in line with all up-dated VW models. You just have a new Torag model ( if that’s it name ) so it’s not it’s replacement.
VW have said the new golf will come in many variants

Offline golfmanj80

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 05 March 2012, 16:10 »
Looks like the new Passat 'Alltrack' see latest Autoexpress ?
Golf GTD, Tornado Red, 3 Door, 2009, DSG, Vancouver 18", Satnav, Dynaudio, ACC, Winter Pack,

Jimmymature

« Reply #9 on: 05 March 2012, 16:58 »
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/motorshows/geneva-motor-show/279727/volkswagen_cross_coupe_concept.html

"These The car is no slouch: with a total of 302bhp, it should sprint from 0-60mph in less than seven seconds and hit 137mph. Plus, VW claims the hybrid Cross Coupe returns an amazing 157mpg and emits only 46g/km of CO2."

Hold the GTI orders.......