Author Topic: Golf MK3 CL OVER!!! starting on a golf mk2  (Read 34919 times)

Offline Podge92

• GTI forum regular
Re: Golf MK3 CL (Project)
« Reply #10 on: 02 March 2012, 02:10 »
looking fairly good man ! :) i need to get coulour coded bumpers, and i need to colour code my badgeless grill, and just ordered tinted rear lights ! :)

long you planing on keeping ?

Offline search

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 02 March 2012, 10:49 »
Two - Three years. I find with older cars less goes wrong. had a peugeot 307 and spent to much money trying fix stupid faults all the time, that car was meant to last a long time for me but had it just under a year and gave up lol.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Milby

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 02 March 2012, 11:05 »
i agree with new cars :) im insured on my parents car and it was a c4 mpv thingy lasted 2 and half years and then just died, had so many faults. used to just stop randomly on motorways and stuff so pretty dangerous. my golfs done 141000 miles and since ive had it just had too replace tyres, breather pipe and thermostat  :wink: old is always best. 

MK3 Golf 1.4 SE ;)

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 02 March 2012, 13:58 »
And whats the common denominator???

Both French pieces of sh!te! I can also trump you on the 307, I had mine for a total of 4 months before getting shot!! :grin:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Milby

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 02 March 2012, 14:37 »
the funniest thing was it went too 4 different garages and all them didn't have a clue what was wrong with it :grin: they all just said we need to wait for our diagnostics machine to be updated as it wont read the code

MK3 Golf 1.4 SE ;)

Offline search

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 02 March 2012, 15:41 »
Same here but i went to four different garages and each one never had a clue nothing came up on the machine and they all just stand there confused ready to take your cash! such jokes. my 307 just cut out when it liked i did little things like replace throttle body etc, But still did it.

but yes stay away from the french cars.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #16 on: 02 March 2012, 20:54 »
only paint shop i could think of was b&q they didn't seem to do what i wanted. so i went to VW them selfs but felt like a right tit standing in there huge show room, so went True story lol.

ill look around for paint shops. the arches need a re spray as the colour dont match right. i paid £40 for these fake GTI look alike that dont actually line up well around the wheel arch so i no more nails them. only thing is thats for life now  :shocked:.

Door cards looking ok. (maybe if i leave the door open to long when it rains it all wash out ha)

Paint shop...B&Q  :huh:

You perhaps should of tried the arches in black...as that what the GTI's have....

How about taking the door cards off and staining them indoors??
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline search

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 02 March 2012, 22:16 »
Yeah i just though B&Q sell a lot of paint maybe they would.  :rolleyes:

Door cards have came out ok.
and i'v taken the wheel arches off now, as they didn't actually fit tbh. (aftermarket for you)
New grill came today.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #18 on: 03 March 2012, 17:34 »
Arches didn't fit! That sucks.. suppose you can't send them back now they are painted.  Try stuff out first next time.  :lipsrsealed:

Offline search

• I live here
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6