Author Topic: !!RANT (S)!!  (Read 9385 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
Re: !!RANT (S)!!
« Reply #20 on: 24 November 2011, 11:23 »
Nobody has mentioned cyclists - I personally think it should be made a legal driving test requirement to knock at least one useless cyclist off his bike every week  :evil:

Cyclists dawdling side by side having a conversation when the road is too narrow to overtake them.
Cyclists who ride at night in stealth clothing with no lights or reflectors
Cyclists who ride uphill (there are many hills near me) and wander all over the road at 5 mph.
Cyclists who clearly cannot get inside you when you are stood, so either scrape the side of the car (not mine I hasten to add otherwise they would be laying in a pool of their own bodily fluids) or jump onto the pavement and harass pedestrians.
Cyclists who think pedestrian crossings are for them to stop traffic and cycle across
Cyclists who run red lights because they don't think it pertains to them (even our PM Cameron has done this!)

Just writing this winds me up!! :laugh:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline GerryD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 24 November 2011, 11:37 »

Cyclists who think pedestrian crossings are for them to stop traffic and cycle across

Especially in the morning when you are running late going to work.
Tornado Red Mark 6 GTI
Carbon Steel Grey Mark 7 GTD

Previous: Mark 3 TDI GL
              Mark 4 GT TDI
              Mark 5 GT TDI

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 24 November 2011, 11:39 »
Nobody has mentioned cyclists - I personally think it should be made a legal driving test requirement to knock at least one useless cyclist off his bike every week  :evil:

Cyclists dawdling side by side having a conversation when the road is too narrow to overtake them.
Cyclists who ride uphill (there are many hills near me) and wander all over the road at 5 mph.
Cyclists who clearly cannot get inside you when you are stood, so either scrape the side of the car (not mine I hasten to add otherwise they would be laying in a pool of their own bodily fluids) or jump onto the pavement and harass pedestrians.
Cyclists who run red lights because they don't think it pertains to them (even our PM Cameron has done this!)

I only ride once a week... early on a sunday morning. Mainly off road... but when I am on a road I do all of the above  :lipsrsealed: :grin:

its what makes it fun  :evil: :evil:

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 24 November 2011, 13:15 »
nearly took a bike out when pulling out from a side road on Monday night, no front light just a flashing rear LED, to the rider of that bike your a T**T!

Now I ride bikes for fun so believe I have a balanced view, bikes existed before cars so you can't ban them, making them pay VED is just silly as per that comparison website suggestion.  Especially when they don't have any carbon output.  All it would take is coppers to nick a few / give points / fines to riders in the dark whom don't have lights (and correctly used, static on the bike and flashing on clothing), also not allowing a correct overtaking maneuver by a motorist by wiggling or hanging 5 well outside the line just to the side of drains.

And for this I think motorists should give them some bloody room between the front of their cars and the back tyre, winds me up something chronic when i'm on my steed and you have a chubby mummy mobile 2" from your arse, then when they overtake they have a baby on board sticker, gotta love it!  If I brake your driving over me madam!  I'll give you a baby on board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And relax!!!!!
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #24 on: 24 November 2011, 13:23 »
Hurdy

Your Polo GTI looks well nice, apart from Revo Stage 2 what else have you done to it?
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #25 on: 24 November 2011, 14:09 »

and the c#ntish Cyclists who ride on the road, when they have a perfectly good cycle path just next to them! For the love of god and all things pretty and lovely, and kittens, WHY do they do that?!
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline andyr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 24 November 2011, 14:57 »
What about busses then? No ones mentioned busses!

This is going well init :laugh:
And STILL in the Mk VI section  :cool:
Mk VI Black Pearl GTD.... No Frills, replaced a Black Pearl PD150 Bora, which in turn replaced a Dragon Green VR6 which followed a Dusty Mauve MK III 8v Gti.

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 24 November 2011, 15:57 »
Hurdy I think you're bang out of line.   :angry:

1. Cyclists dawdling side by side having a conversation when the road is too narrow to overtake them.
2. Cyclists who ride at night in stealth clothing with no lights or reflectors
3. Cyclists who ride uphill (there are many hills near me) and wander all over the road at 5 mph.
4. Cyclists who clearly cannot get inside you when you are stood, so either scrape the side of the car (not mine I hasten to add otherwise they would be laying in a pool of their own bodily fluids) or jump onto the pavement and harass pedestrians.
5. Cyclists who think pedestrian crossings are for them to stop traffic and cycle across
6. Cyclists who run red lights because they don't think it pertains to them (even our PM Cameron has done this!)

1. Answering my phone when cycling would be dangerous so I prefer to bring my social life with me when I cycle. But since it obviously annoys you I have retro-fitted bluetooth to my handlebars.
2. Bi-xenons were not an option when I bought my bicycle and I cannot be bothered to retrofit them.
3. The wandering is due to the adaptive- but not always competent - chassis control (in other words me losing my balance).
4. As a cyclist I do not try to get inside anyone. :lipsrsealed:
5. I only cross at pedestrian crossing so that other road users can admire my beautiful diamond cut rims with my super quiet mountain biking tyres.
6. Not all red lights are the same shade of red. I therefore do not stop at them all equally. 

And for the record, I have a fully loaded bicycle with factory fitted "trigger" shift gearbox, a fully open sunroof, 19 inch alloys, mudflaps and stop-start technology.

:laugh:

PS: And I have no desire to be in any "inner circle" either. A spare inner tube is all I need.   :grin:
« Last Edit: 24 November 2011, 16:08 by PenguinGTI »

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 24 November 2011, 16:04 »
Hurdy

Your Polo GTI looks well nice, apart from Revo Stage 2 what else have you done to it?

It is all in my build thread below :cool:

236bhp and 268lbft as of today and weighs in at 1143kg (full interior) with half a tank of fuel. So over 200bhp/ton already and much more yet to do. 48mpg on a run too!  :smug:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=209696.0
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 24 November 2011, 16:34 »

6. Not all red lights are the same shade of red. I therefore do not stop at them all equally. 

It seems that not all red Golfs are the same shade of red either.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.