Author Topic: RNS 510 INSTALL PROBS  (Read 1447 times)

Offline WHITEY20

• GTI forum regular
  • Love my new Golf
RNS 510 INSTALL PROBS
« on: 13 July 2011, 07:40 »

Hi Guys, I've been trying to retro fit mys RNS 510 for over 2 months now. After endless problems triying to code my B unit I have exchanged it fot the LED C version thinking it will be compatible with my 2011 golf.
I have had trouble with the battery drain issue and broak down twice (very embarrising in a reliable german new car  :cry: ) I have tried getting help from the seller in Lithuania but all I got was its not compatible with the Can Gateway and need a new one from ebay at £150. Surelly my car has the latest one and I have version 2660 installed already  :undecided:

Any help would really be appreciated  :rolleyes:
Thanks

DSG, 18", P/A+cam, Winter/P, Lux/P, Dynaudio, FTI, Bi-Xenons

Offline irknight

• Not said much yet
Re: RNS 510 INSTALL PROBS
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2011, 08:29 »
Try the vw navi website, a few of them were very helpful to me when I bricked mine a couple of weeks ago!

Completely off topic but I love your private reg, can I buy it off you!!!
Mk6 GTI |5 Door | Black | DSG| 18" Monzas | Vienna Leather | ACC | Winter Pack | Luxury Pack | Cruise Crontrol | Front and Rear Parking Sensors | RNS 510 | Dynaudio | 6 Disc Autochanger | VW Premium Bluetooth| Sunroof | LED Xenons

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2011, 12:21 »
The Can gateway is not an issue on MKVI Golfs. This is only a problem on MKV's older than March 2007 I believe. I retro-fitted an RNS ver C LED to my GTD a few weeks ago and I've had no issues like that at all.

It sounds to me that the unit itself is faulty... "seller from Lithuania" would ring alarm bells, as I believe there are a lot of cheap knock-offs coming from that direction.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2011, 13:38 »
It sounds like if your unit is on 2660 then its been messed with and not a proper LED C version??? this unit should be running onwards of 2720.

You could try updating it but doing that runs the risk of bricking it??

Is all the coding correct,

I can have a look at some stage if you like I'm only in Leeds and could meet you some where to have a look or if you want me to call over?

Darren

Offline WHITEY20

• GTI forum regular
  • Love my new Golf
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2011, 18:46 »
Try the vw navi website, a few of them were very helpful to me when I bricked mine a couple of weeks ago!

Completely off topic but I love your private reg, can I buy it off you!!!
Cheers, if ever decide to sell I'll bare you in mind. I'll try that site thanks

Offline WHITEY20

• GTI forum regular
  • Love my new Golf
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2011, 18:51 »
Sorry I got the SW version wrong, it is 2760. I fitted it over the weekend ready for coding on the Monday.
It would be great if you could get chance to look at it. I dont mind whatever suits you best, Cheers Darren. I'll PM you my details.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 13 July 2011, 18:55 by WHITEY20 »

Offline WHITEY20

• GTI forum regular
  • Love my new Golf
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2011, 11:34 »
Cheers Mortygt140 for sorting it out! top job mate.

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2011, 14:45 »
No probs mate, beautiful setup you have, if you need anything or have any probs you know where I am :wink:

Darren