Author Topic: Bens Mk3 GTi VR6, Twin Turbo build is starting  (Read 77819 times)

Offline benvictors

• I live here
  • bgk Tuning - coming soon!!!
Re: Bens Mk3 GTi 8V project
« Reply #10 on: 31 October 2010, 14:01 »
Next up started some interior modding, put the mulberry leather in got myself some leather cleaner and conditioner, Gliptone liquid leather = Good sh!t man  :smiley:
Sourced myself the heated seat loom and switch (£30 from a local scrappers = bargain) modded the switch then fitted -

Getting the Gliptone leather dye before Xmas to do the seats black, apparently no dye transferance and it lasts around 3 years, anyone had any experience with this????

Offline benvictors

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 31 October 2010, 14:09 »
Modded the clocks, by putting Blue and UV LED's in the top, replaceed the green filter paper behind the LCD displays with red and painted my needles with UV Red paint, however I will be changing these soon, I have the templates of the clocks now so Im gonna have a mess around with some different ideas, watch this space....... :smiley:

Modded the Heater dials like this originally -

But then changed to this -

The blue LED on the rear window heater was a bit bright to say the least so took it back apart and put some blue electrical tape behind the switch to dull it down a bit.

Also did the rest of the switches in Red -

Offline benvictors

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 31 October 2010, 14:11 »
Got myself an Annie gear gaitor and painted the VW on my steering wheel red -

Offline benvictors

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 31 October 2010, 16:46 »
Ok, back to the exterior, decided I didn't want any chrome on the car at all, going for a straight red, Black and Grey theme so set about the badges.

First up did the boot and front grill VW in Graphite Grey and the GTI badge in Graphite grey with red background

Then did the side trim GTi badges Grey with red background -

Then the rear Golf GTI badge the same and painted my mud-flap VW's Red -

Offline benvictors

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 31 October 2010, 17:11 »
Got myself some Hella quads with brand new covers and a genuine VW deep chin spoiler for a very reasonable £80 -

Also sprayed my wiper arms Graphite Grey and fitted some Aero style wipers  :cool:

Offline benvictors

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 31 October 2010, 17:20 »
Finally got some coilovers fitted, im about 70mm down on the front and about 40 on the rear, had to roll my arches on the back but they still catch slightly running 205 tyres, but that is soon to be rectified -

Offline benvictors

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 31 October 2010, 17:30 »
Things to come -

Re-furbing the Lemans wheels off the older Golf, Graphite Grey with Red VW, and fitting them with 195/50 R15 tyres to stop the rubbing. Dont see many Golf's running these wheels and will still keep the car OEM-ish which is my aim really  :wink:

Full re-spray. I need 2 new front wings and a new tailgate aswell as some small rust patches here and there repairing, the cost of spraying for these is around the £200 mark and wont be an exact match, I can get a full re-spray done for around the £400 mark so thats the way forward in my eyes  :smiley:

Black leather dye for the interior, Gliptone seems to be the best out there, about £80 for the kit which does the whole interior, it doesn't come off on your clothes and it lasts around 3 years.

More interior mods, clocks to sort out, headlight switch to modify red and the sunroof switch to do.

And in a bout 18 months or so (Once my wedding si out of the way  :cry:) I will be looking at engine conversions  :laugh:

Thats all for now folks, will try to keep this as up to date as possible.
Cheers for looking  :wink:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #17 on: 31 October 2010, 19:09 »
I am impressed. I like a good old mk3. Mileage is high though?
Unlucky about you box aswell.
Keep all the good work up al be watching this space

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
« Reply #18 on: 31 October 2010, 19:47 »
Really like this mate, good reading too. Not that keen on the mk3's but yours has started to change my mind. Very imprssive wheel refurbs too, i use to do wheel refurbs and i defo think you have done a good job on yours :grin:. Keep up the good work. :smiley:

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #19 on: 31 October 2010, 21:32 »
Looking good buddy  :cool:

Reminding me of how badly I need some spacers tho  :grin: