Author Topic: (Newbie) Comments on my Spec for imminent GTI purchase!  (Read 4859 times)

Offline Taff_09

• Not said much yet
Hi All,

Firstly as a newbie to the forum I have to say that the info on here has been flippin great in helping me make informed choices on the GTI. I am pretty much ready to go and place an order this week, subject to available build slots and then to wait the expected 5-6 month lead time! But a 11 plate is going to be ideal in any case.

Based on the info I am going for the following spec and would really be keen to have some feedback on it and some thoughts on my queries.

Manual, 5dr, 18inch Alloys
Pearl Black
ACC
Lux/Winter Pack
Storage Pack
Park assist front and rear sensors (for the mrs'!
I'll be looking to take the solutions finance on this, for 3 yrs, 12k miles
VW have an offer on at the mo which includes servicing if you take the finance, 7.6% APR seems ok for this.But need to order soon to avoid dissapointment (yeah yeah :rolleyes:)

I'll probably take the GAP, if dealer is competitive or based on one of those referenced on the site.

I will probably use a broker, carfile (who i have used before) can get a good discount off list price if local dealer won't budge. Any thoughts most welcome.

other things pondering on:
Flat tyre indicator? worth it?
Bluetooth? any good?
anything else? but can't afford to go for the leather, DSG, or Xenons chaps!

looked at the posts on the rns510 retrofit so may look into this in the future but will have the rcd310 initially. Would this affect warranty if you retrofitted the 510?

I currently have a trusty mk4 golf GT TDI 130 (52 plate 129k) which serves me well and pulls like a train! but will keep this mk4 for work. the GTI is for play, the mrs commute (6miles daily) and the odd work trip.

cheers for any thoughts
Deep Pearl Black | Mk6 GTI 5dr | Manual | ACC | 18"Monza Shadows | Luxury/Storage Pack | Park Assist | F/R Park Sensors | RVC | RCD 510 | VW Bluetooth | Xenons| Winter Pack|3 YR Service Plan | Ordered 10/2010 and Collected 05/2011!!

GOLF GT TDI 130 140k all standard

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
Re: (Newbie) Comments on my Spec for imminent GTI purchase!
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2010, 11:23 »
Looks a good spec to me.
If the parking is that bad then the rear-view camera may also be worth looking at too just as an added help.
Im told the new bluethooth unit is very good.
« Last Edit: 17 October 2010, 11:25 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Taff_09

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2010, 11:34 »
cheers Snoop

thought about the rear view, and on balance decided against it,

bluetooth, are there still issues with iphones? seem to have picked up on this also here.
Deep Pearl Black | Mk6 GTI 5dr | Manual | ACC | 18"Monza Shadows | Luxury/Storage Pack | Park Assist | F/R Park Sensors | RVC | RCD 510 | VW Bluetooth | Xenons| Winter Pack|3 YR Service Plan | Ordered 10/2010 and Collected 05/2011!!

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2010, 11:57 »
Hi Taff.
Exactly the spec I ordered. The only thing I regret is not factory ordering Bi-Xenons. Think about the latter as they are worth it.
Hope you get your car ASAP.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Taff_09

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2010, 12:00 »
cheers mate much appreciated

with the RNS 510 as a retrofit, are there warranty issues with the dealer ? i.e. not fitted by them or factory? suprised if they did have issues but never can tell

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 17 October 2010, 12:11 »
No warranty issues with mine. They knew I had retro-fitted mine. Many customers
of theirs do. No problems with iphone 3GS or Blackberry. Completely seamless operation.
Think hard about the Xenons. You'll be saving £1200 at least retro-fitting the RNS which could go towards the Xenons. They are a pain to retro-fit and cost an arm and two legs!
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2010, 12:34 »
MY dealer advised me to retro fit the RNS510 rather than factory order as he thought the price was ludicrous!

The reverse cam is one of the best options I specced!  Everyone loves it, and it really is genius!  £155 is an absolute bargain when you look at the retro fit is about £450+ and the labour involved.
When you're talking about spending £25k on a car, whats an extra £155?!  Just don't go out on a Saturday night drinking and you've almost saved the cash for it.

Xenons are highly recommended - especially when you see the DRL's that will be coming with the new builds after week 45.  Very Audi looking though :(
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Taff_09

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2010, 13:18 »
cheers for comments!

yeah xenons would be good but budget is stretched!

thinking on the revserse cam, assume would just order this option and then retrofit the rns510? they would then just connect up as it were?

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2010, 19:07 »
Factory bluetooth worth ordering same price as retro fit stuff but works now with iphone ,bberry etc...........

Who is your local dealer? Guessing by the taff........... Sinclair VW south Wales.

Lee
CHeltenham VW
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Taff_09

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 18 October 2010, 08:28 »
Hi lee,

yeah local dealers are the sinclair group for here down in cardiff/swansea and the mon motors group.

I'm interested to see what you could do on a deal on this.

I've sent you an email.

cheers.