Author Topic: 'R' Seats  (Read 7154 times)

Offline SilverChariot

• Here all the time
Re: 'R' Seats
« Reply #10 on: 01 November 2009, 18:52 »
If the Mk6 R is like the Mk5 R32, leather seats are essential for resale. Have look a Mk5 R32s on Autotrader (or similar) - they go for up to £1K less if they don't have leather.

IMHO, the Mk6 R cloths seats aren't very nice. Better than the Mk5 R32, but still pretty nasty.
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

R Forum - The place to talk Rs: http://www.rforum.co.uk

Offline Booski

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 01 November 2009, 18:59 »
If the Mk6 R is like the Mk5 R32, leather seats are essential for resale. Have look a Mk5 R32s on Autotrader (or similar) - they go for up to £1K less if they don't have leather.

IMHO, the Mk6 R cloths seats aren't very nice. Better than the Mk5 R32, but still pretty nasty.

"They go for a grand less" that's fine because they cost nearly 2k to spec
So by not putting them in you're still saving a grand
Golf R (on order): 5dr, rising blue, 19", sat-nav, ACC, parking sensors, Bluetooth tel prep, cruise control, Lux pack, storage pack, rear airbag/seatbelt sensors..........BW07 confirmed Can't wait!

Offline SilverChariot

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 01 November 2009, 19:01 »

"They go for a grand less" that's fine because they cost nearly 2k to spec
So by not putting them in you're still saving a grand

Fair play. It's all IMHO - I prefer leather 'cos I've got kids and it wipes clean easy. I can imagine my son's muddy football boots on the white/grey alacantara.  :shocked:
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #13 on: 01 November 2009, 19:02 »
If i was going to the expense of the R i would go for the oem leather. I def would not go aftermarket leather as if the R does become rare and limited then any big mods like that will plummit its value.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 November 2009, 19:07 »

As for the price of the R and its standard equipment... top of the range GTI/R Golfs should have the RCD510 as standard for a start. And ACC.

Odd that both these things are standard on the Roc.

I'd prefer leather too - but I'd rather spend £1700 on a RCD510 with Dynaudio, ACC and a Reverse Cam!

The car is already over priced - sticking almost another £2k on for leather or £3k for Recarro's just pushes it over the 'borderline' for yes and no.
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline SilverChariot

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2009, 19:10 »

As for the price of the R and its standard equipment... top of the range GTI/R Golfs should have the RCD510 as standard for a start. And ACC.

Odd that both these things are standard on the Roc.

I'd prefer leather too - but I'd rather spend £1700 on a RCD510 with Dynaudio, ACC and a Reverse Cam!

The car is already over priced - sticking almost another £2k on for leather or £3k for Recarro's just pushes it over the 'borderline' for yes and no.

I was shocked too that they didn't have more as standard on the Golf R. Also, no parking assist. Just normal parking sensors. I think they get away with the RCD510 on Roc because it's an older interior design... based on the Eos IIRC.

I can just about "swallow" the leather. But, agreed, the Recaros are just silly prices!
« Last Edit: 01 November 2009, 19:24 by SilverChariot »
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2009, 19:15 »
I'd set myself a limit of £32k at the start - but there were a couple of options I just couldn;t leave out - so it crept up a bit.
An extra £2 or 3k ontop would be EVEN STUPIDER money for a Golf! 

Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 01 November 2009, 22:06 »
I had light grey alcantara in my impreza and its very hard to stain but doesn't like water just a damp cloth to keep clean.

Darren