Author Topic: >>>>WHITE GTI/GTD OWNERS - Important update on my car>>>>>  (Read 10572 times)

Offline gossa

• I live here
Re: >>>>WHITE GTI/GTD OWNERS - Important update on my car>>>>>
« Reply #10 on: 28 October 2009, 09:05 »
Glad that you got sorted and stuck to your guns.

Gossa's tornado red does look the biz I must admit.

Ava

Why thank you! I must say it isn't so shiny today! It needs some love this weekend, full claying, polishing, waxing and taxing.....

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 28 October 2009, 09:48 »
I can't find anything that compares in quality and drivability to my old Edition 30!!

Therein lies the problem - you won't find anything that compares, so you'll need to compromise after a Golf :afro:

IMO, if it was a straight choice between CTR and Leon, I'd plump for a Civic on the 19" alloys  :tongue:

Have you looked at an Octavia vRS? The estate - especially in blue - is a bit of a sleeper. I like 'em.
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 28 October 2009, 09:49 »
Agree, do like the mk6 in Tornado Red :tongue:

Having had a Deep pearl black Scirocco this is a hell of a lot easier to keep clean!
It only looks cleaner because it does not show the dirt up,it is still dirty :grin:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 28 October 2009, 10:56 »
Yes Simon but with the black even after a full days cleaning, polishing etc, after 2 minutes you can see sh1te on it.  The red looks clean even when it's dirty but when it's clean, it looks showroom clean.....

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 28 October 2009, 11:50 »
Yes Simon but with the black even after a full days cleaning, polishing etc, after 2 minutes you can see sh1te on it.  The red looks clean even when it's dirty but when it's clean, it looks showroom clean.....

the very reason I opted for red, and saving the cost of metallic!

Offline Ivan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 28 October 2009, 12:58 »
Never had a black car before and always wanted one, guess its going to look scruffy most of the time then :grin:
Carbon is very nice, nearly ordered that first.
Cancelled 2009 GTI | DBP | 5 door | Manual | Monza Shadows | Xenons | ACC | Luxury Pack |

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 28 October 2009, 13:23 »
Black is one of the best looking colours when its clean - but its the hardest to keep.
Within a couple of minutes of polishing it, the dust starts settling, and it starts looking dirty again.
I had 3 black cars in a row - and unless I was buying one from a showroom that I couldn't choose the colour of - I'd never have black again!

My last one was Steel Grey - that was fairly simple to keep clean looking.  The best colour is silver as it looks clean all the time... so I think I may go silver this time!!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 28 October 2009, 16:02 »
The best colour is silver as it looks clean all the time...

My Silver MK2a Punto would testify to this... Used to be able to hoover the interior and leave the bodywork all winter!  :laugh:

MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 28 October 2009, 16:07 »
Once you go black you never go back  :grin:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #19 on: 28 October 2009, 17:56 »
Have you looked at an Octavia vRS? The estate - especially in blue - is a bit of a sleeper. I like 'em.
£15241 a 18.5% discount from drivethedeal at the moment too i see. :shocked: Not bad fro the price!
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.