Author Topic: >>>>WHITE GTI/GTD OWNERS - Important update on my car>>>>>  (Read 10571 times)

Offline bruin3182

• Not said much yet
Incase you aren't aware of the situation with my White mk6 GTI check out my other two posts calling White GTI owners....

Today I took my one month 700 mile old White GTI back and received a FULL refund!!

Having had trouble with the look of the White paint from day one I eventually had the car back on Saturday morning.... Looking pretty good.

However, Sunday morning (in the sunlight) I could see every panel of the car covered in fine scratches and swirl marks.
made the call yesterday morning and was "offered" within about 5 minutes, a full refund as the manager stated that he didn't think he'd ever be able to get the car in the mint condition I expected!

So, a note to all White GTI owners - if you are not happy with your paint finish.... Don't stand for them fobbing you off... I got my money back and was also offered a brand new replacement (didn't want any other colour and would not risk the White again)!! 
Up until the morning of Tuesday 27th October 2009.... A one Month (700 mile old) MkVI GTI - Candy white - 3 door - Zenons - RCD 510 - Dynaudio - Monza Shadows

Offline p3eps

• I live here
Re: >>>>WHITE GTI/GTD OWNERS - Important update on my car>>>>>
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2009, 20:49 »
Glad you've finally been sorted out.
What are you going to go for now?  It seems you've been through a lot of hassle to just give up on the GTI!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Ivan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2009, 20:57 »
Sounds like the dealer did the right thing in the end.

I have to say I'm starting to worry about my DBP scheduled for the end of Nov with all the rejects I'm hearing about at the mo :huh:

Hope you get sorted with another Mk6 or something else :smiley:
Cancelled 2009 GTI | DBP | 5 door | Manual | Monza Shadows | Xenons | ACC | Luxury Pack |

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2009, 21:01 »
Sounds like your dealer already has a buyer lined up :lipsrsealed: :grin:

So whats next???

Offline bruin3182

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2009, 21:09 »
Thank's guys...!

And as for what's next... I just don't know!!

Maybe an R20... But I was pushed to pay the price for my GTI with the options I had and having looked at the german site with the 33,000€ price tag...!!! There's no way I can afford a £30,00+ motor!!!

Looked at the leon Cupra and the civic type R...!! Any suggestions???
Up until the morning of Tuesday 27th October 2009.... A one Month (700 mile old) MkVI GTI - Candy white - 3 door - Zenons - RCD 510 - Dynaudio - Monza Shadows

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2009, 21:19 »
Thank's guys...!

And as for what's next... I just don't know!!

Maybe an R20... But I was pushed to pay the price for my GTI with the options I had and having looked at the german site with the 33,000€ price tag...!!! There's no way I can afford a £30,00+ motor!!!

Er, GTI in another colour? My tornado red is spotless and gorgeous.

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2009, 21:26 »

The Leon Cupra is a nice car.  My friend has one and it drives and handles pretty well.  You can also get a fully specced one for the same cost as a basic GTI.  The only problem is that once you've sat in a GTI, the interior of the Leon just looks and feels dirt cheap.

Judging by your other 2 alternatives I'm guessing its a 'hot hatch' car that you're after?
I'm afraid I'd struggle to recommend anything other than a Golf, as I'm kind of in the same situation at the moment (waiting to buy) and there is nothing else I can think of!  I've been round HEAPs of garages and test driven most hot hatches that they have to offer.  Focus ST, Astra VXR, Leon Cupra, Subaru Impreza, Renault Clio Cup, Megane Sport (fat ar$ed one!), Audi S3, Civic Type R... and I can't find anything that compares in quality and drivability to my old Edition 30!!

Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Ivan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2009, 07:48 »
Agree, do like the mk6 in Tornado Red :tongue:
Cancelled 2009 GTI | DBP | 5 door | Manual | Monza Shadows | Xenons | ACC | Luxury Pack |

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 28 October 2009, 08:45 »
Agree, do like the mk6 in Tornado Red :tongue:

Having had a Deep pearl black Scirocco this is a hell of a lot easier to keep clean!

Offline avalon

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 28 October 2009, 08:58 »
Glad that you got sorted and stuck to your guns.

Gossa's tornado red does look the biz I must admit.

Ava
GTi DSG 5 Door Candy White [MY11]