Author Topic: (Now got it! Photos inside)  (Read 14298 times)

Offline gjf

• Not said much yet
(Now got it! Photos inside)
« on: 26 July 2009, 23:05 »
Picked the car up today and cannot stop smiling :grin:

Day did not start well as i could not find the spare key for my PX so they charged me £100  :sad: Said key has now been found in a shoe at the bottom of my wardrobe????????? Refund for that first thing tomorrow i think!

Anyway the car.

Over the last 5 years i have had a few cars including 2 X Civic type R's and a focus ST but the Golf blows them all into next week!!
The white had me a bit worried but all i can say now is i am glad i went for it (It needs a wash already after 65 miles) - The car drives so well with a solid planted feel from the off and really inspires confidence in its abilities. Im not one to mess about with running in regeimes so i have tested its metal already and i am very surprised by just how quick the car moves - The DSG is a marvel although will take getting used to having no clutch pedal i have tried to press the non existent clutch a few times and grabbed the shifter to change gear :embarassed:

I was sceptical about the ACC but as the car had it on i had no choice but it really gives three noticable differences to the ride firmness although £700 is a lot for a function which should be standard on this car.

Altogether i am truely chuffed to bits with the car and how it drives.

One word of caution though with these wet roads at the moment i found the power caught me out once or twice as it is almost instant! May just be me coming from a diesel car - Anyway hope the roads dry off for tomorrow so i can go for a drive through the Brecon Beacons and have some fun :smiley:

I will try to get some photos too if anyone is interested.

Gareth

Some photos

« Last Edit: 02 August 2009, 20:41 by gjf »

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: Soon to be proud owner.
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2009, 23:08 »
Just saying hello.

Placed a deposit on a mk6 today - take delivery next weekend  :grin:

I got a feeling the week is going to drag!

Gareth.

Come on tell us more... price, spec and how did you get it so fast ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline gjf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2009, 23:18 »
I have had a VW Tiguan for the last year and missed the Type R i chopped in for it so wanted a sporty car again. I was set on a Carbon grey one from factory order but when i went to a non local dealer to enquire what they had coming through i saw the one they have in the showroom!

Its White 5 dr , 18" , DSG, ACC, Cruise and Lux pack. It was up for £25750 but i got a grand off that and a grand more on the Px than anywhere else had offered so i am very happy with the deal, plus its ready to go now as its in the showroom.

I would never have imagined choosing a white car but i think it looks awesome - just hope i dont regret the colour!!!!!

Cheers

Gareth

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2009, 23:40 »
Sounds great!  The white ones look stunning.  I was tempted myself, only I thought about trying to keep it clean!   :rolleyes:

Rolfe.

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2009, 00:48 »

Placed a deposit on a mk6 today - take delivery next weekend  :grin:

LOL! And try 3 months like some of us!

Offline AndyC

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2009, 01:29 »
I have had a VW Tiguan for the last year and missed the Type R i chopped in for it so wanted a sporty car again. I was set on a Carbon grey one from factory order but when i went to a non local dealer to enquire what they had coming through i saw the one they have in the showroom!

Its White 5 dr , 18" , DSG, ACC, Cruise and Lux pack. It was up for £25750 but i got a grand off that and a grand more on the Px than anywhere else had offered so i am very happy with the deal, plus its ready to go now as its in the showroom.

I would never have imagined choosing a white car but i think it looks awesome - just hope i dont regret the colour!!!!!

Cheers

Gareth

Trust me mate you wont regret the colour, my mk6 in white looks stunning and it seemed easy to clean than my DPBlack Mk 5 GTI. 

cause its a showroom car it should have wax on it, but be aware coz myn came with non. no beeding at all.

Previous:- Pearl Black Golf GTI MK5

Previous:-White Golf GTI MK6

Currently:-White Golf R

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2009, 22:08 »
Looking at the pics of the mk6 and mk5 together I have to say that imo the mk6 is a better looking car, to be honest I was never really keen on the front lights on the mk5 don't ask me why cos I don't know for sure but the whole front of the mk6 is more modern and meaner looking somehow. No doubt there will be those out there who totally disagree but that's great the more opinions the better.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2009, 22:42 »

yeah i agree re: the front end treatment.  Mk6 gets my vote for sure.

side view is pretty much the same on both cars.  the mk 6 rear end is ok, nothing special, but at least not offensive

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline gjf

• Not said much yet
Re: Soon to be proud owner (Now got it!!!!!!!!!!)
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2009, 20:01 »
Picked the car up today and cannot stop smiling :grin:

Day did not start well as i could not find the spare key for my PX so they charged me £100  :sad: Said key has now been found in a shoe at the bottom of my wardrobe????????? Refund for that first thing tomorrow i think!

Anyway the car.

Over the last 5 years i have had a few cars including 2 X Civic type R's and a focus ST but the Golf blows them all into next week!!
The white had me a bit worried but all i can say now is i am glad i went for it (It needs a wash already after 65 miles) - The car drives so well with a solid planted feel from the off and really inspires confidence in its abilities. Im not one to mess about with running in regeimes so i have tested its metal already and i am very surprised by just how quick the car moves - The DSG is a marvel although will take getting used to having no clutch pedal i have tried to press the non existent clutch a few times and grabbed the shifter to change gear :embarassed:

I was sceptical about the ACC but as the car had it on i had no choice but it really gives three noticable differences to the ride firmness although £700 is a lot for a function which should be standard on this car.

Altogether i am truely chuffed to bits with the car and how it drives.

One word of caution though with these wet roads at the moment i found the power caught me out once or twice as it is almost instant! May just be me coming from a diesel car - Anyway hope the roads dry off for tomorrow so i can go for a drive through the Brecon Beacons and have some fun :smiley:

I will try to get some photos too if anyone is interested.

Gareth

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
Re: (Now got it! Photos inside)
« Reply #9 on: 03 August 2009, 18:53 »
Looks stunning in white Gareth, deeply jealous over here. I went for black as that was my missus' preference, only hope that it looks as good :)

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!