Author Topic: Wheels for the MK6??  (Read 4130 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: Wheels for the MK6??
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2009, 10:18 »
That seems like a cracking deal.. i think i have some 19" in mind. Will be costing a little more than £90 to do the swap though :cry:

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #11 on: 16 July 2009, 11:07 »
FYI, I sold my 17" GTI wheels for €900 on eBay (approximately £800). I paid €1000 for the Interlagos from Germany.

Even though I won't be getting the car until mid-August, I put the advert up anyway, obliously stating clearly that I was taking reservations only and that the wheels wouldn't be available for a few weeks. If anything, this approach actually seemed to attract even greater interest and the wheels had been sold within 4 or 5 days! I think people liked the idea that they knew they would be getting brand new wheels and, perhaps more importantly, brand new tyres.

Based on my experience, I would strongly recommend that you try to presell your wheels in the same way, because even if you only do a couple of hundred miles on them, their value will drop significantly.

Hope this helps :)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 16 July 2009, 11:24 »
Cheers frog!

I will probably keep hold of the other wheels and use them for winter. Plus I can stick them back on the car when it goes back :smiley:

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 16 July 2009, 17:46 »
5dr in white... bbs seem right up my street :cool: On resisted the CH's and Ck's as they have been done to death :undecided:

Its a shame you're not wanting CH's, as a black set on a white Golf would look  :cool:
Personally, I'm not a fan of the Monzas, or the Monza shadows at all.  They've been using the same wheel for the last 5+ years now - surely it was time for a change with the MK6? 
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 16 July 2009, 18:24 »
5dr in white... bbs seem right up my street :cool: On resisted the CH's and Ck's as they have been done to death :undecided:

Its a shame you're not wanting CH's, as a black set on a white Golf would look  :cool:
Personally, I'm not a fan of the Monzas, or the Monza shadows at all.  They've been using the same wheel for the last 5+ years now - surely it was time for a change with the MK6? 

I agree.. although I think the both the monzas and ch's will be classics after having being on both the mk5 & mk6. i do like the look of black wheels on a white car, but its been done many a time.

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 16 July 2009, 20:19 »
Those interlagos look nice.  FroGTI, dont forget to post a pic when you get them on
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #16 on: 17 July 2009, 09:00 »
Those interlagos look nice.  FroGTI, dont forget to post a pic when you get them on

Thanks, I will certainly bore you all rigid with pix as soon as my car arrives :)

Sorry, R32. I didn't realise you wanted a new set of wheels in addition to the originals.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 17 July 2009, 09:35 »

Thanks, I will certainly bore you all rigid with pix as soon as my car arrives :)

Sorry, R32. I didn't realise you wanted a new set of wheels in addition to the originals.

Yes, mainly so i can pop them back on when the lease expires. picking up some new wheels tomorrow :lipsrsealed: :grin:

will keep you posted :wink: