Author Topic: Carbon grey Mk 6  (Read 26146 times)

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
Re: Carbon grey Mk 6
« Reply #20 on: 11 July 2009, 17:10 »
The first dealer I spoke to said "three months irrespective of the options selected."
The second said "maybe September" even though he knew I'd specified a sunroof.

Better just wait and see what happens, I reckon.

Rolfe.

Is it the sunroof that slows things down then? Maybe that's why I've had to wait 3.5 months :(

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #21 on: 11 July 2009, 18:07 »
It can't be down to the sunroof cos I ordered 23rd May and it has now been built in build week 28 and is due for immediate shipment that is with quite a large spec and a sunroof.  Therefore I don't know how some are getting them early and some aren't, could be down to geography ie where your dealer is based or something strange like that!! who knows. :huh:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 12 July 2009, 17:58 »
There's a guy on another motoring forum I read who's had to wait years seemingly for his Mark 6 1.4 TSi. That has a sunroof and has been told that's what has delayed it.
However, I think it must be just luck (either good or bad)as there doesn't seem to ba a pattern to it at all.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #23 on: 12 July 2009, 18:20 »
mk6 i test drove was supposed to be DPB, but it looked strangely light.  turned out it was carbon grey!  happy to report its not greeny or bluey at all.  perhaps its all down to the light conditions/ camera?

« Last Edit: 12 July 2009, 22:10 by keelaw »
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #24 on: 12 July 2009, 19:11 »
happy to report its not greeny or bluey at all.

That's good news (don't like green cars...), but if you could reup the pic..? :)

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #25 on: 12 July 2009, 21:58 »
happy to report its not greeny or bluey at all.

That's good news (don't like green cars...), but if you could reup the pic..? :)

sorry but what's "reup"?

the carbon grey was really really nice looking.  originally i was set on black, but this has really thrown me a curve ball. 

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 12 July 2009, 22:00 »
I think FroGTI meant, could you repost/upload ur picture since I too cant see it. There is just a blank square. Cheers, HM
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #27 on: 12 July 2009, 22:04 »

is it working now?
« Last Edit: 12 July 2009, 22:11 by keelaw »

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #28 on: 12 July 2009, 23:13 »

is it working now?

Yes, thanks - I think I have ordered the right colour :) Reup is short for re-upload in forum speak, sorry.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #29 on: 12 July 2009, 23:44 »

oh and bizarrely this car i drove was so new, they hadn't even removed the suspension blocks that are put on for delivery.  as a result the ride was very firm!  also means that this car is an inch or so "higher" than otherwise.