Author Topic: misfire under load Now fixed ;)  (Read 2138 times)

Offline 01664gti

• I live here
  • mk3 hatch mk3 wagon and mk2 16v
misfire under load Now fixed ;)
« on: 03 October 2010, 13:50 »
My car is being a pain.It started the other day and its driving me mad lol.When you first start it up its fine most of the time but after a while it starts to misfire.On tick over its fine and if you rev or put your foot down slowly its pretty much normal but if you put your foot down quick it spits and farts for a while but then clears.Im not sure if anyone else has had a similar problem so just thought i would ask.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2010, 14:59 by 01664gti »

Offline grahamw1604

• Not said much yet
Re: misfire under load
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2010, 14:46 »
i had this about 3 weeks ago, i replaced the coil which solved nothing, bought a new set of leads and popped them on and it cured the problem, i didn't have any spark testers so assumed they were ok at start cos all plugs were sparking, must of been one failing under load,  apparantly its a problem with them breaking up near the plug end, so try some leads first.

Offline 01664gti

• I live here
  • mk3 hatch mk3 wagon and mk2 16v
Re: misfire under load
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2010, 14:58 »
Cheers for the reply,I went out a few minutes ago and although the leads looked ok the king lead had cracked where it goes in the dizzy cap.I think and im pretty sure that because the lead sits more or less on the metal water pipe that it has strained the lead as it was kind of wedged by it.

Happy days  :smiley:

Offline grahamw1604

• Not said much yet
Re: misfire under load Now fixed ;)
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2010, 16:54 »
glad its sorted