Author Topic: Am i missing something here?????  (Read 2039 times)

Offline shepgti

• I live here
Re: Am i missing something here?????
« Reply #20 on: 22 January 2010, 18:29 »
anyhow, If you can afford to spend that much money on a 1.4, then you could also afford to buy a much cheaper gti and insure it. swings and roundabouts.

err not true... insurance alone can be over 2k for younger drivers even for an 8v..

with the money you would save on the price of that red thing you could buy a gti and insure it, overall at the same price  as buying the red one and having slightly cheeper insurance

as he says, swings and roundabouts

@ JOE, thats just it matey, if you know the car well you are at an advantage, you even more so as u have had a few mk3's, its a good thing,:-)

no but what im saying is if someone was going to go to the lengths of saving up they would buy a better model than the 8v..

kells

« Reply #21 on: 22 January 2010, 18:43 »
well i dunno really, as i could afford to buy a r32 if i wnated but i just wanted something chep to run about in that looked nice, hope this makes sense

i do know what you saying tho for sure,  but its down to circumstance and what you want to use the car for...

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #22 on: 22 January 2010, 19:06 »
I've being looking at golf's for the last month or two and some prices really surprise me!! When i sold my 8v in april they were much cheaper!

But I've being looking at a 1.6gl 16v thingy and an 1.8gl estate this week and they seem to bring around £800-1000 at the mo (they were worth £500-600 last year!)

Value's are on the up for all model's that are cared for  :shocked:
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 22 January 2010, 22:23 »
I've being looking at golf's for the last month or two and some prices really surprise me!! When i sold my 8v in april they were much cheaper!

But I've being looking at a 1.6gl 16v thingy and an 1.8gl estate this week and they seem to bring around £800-1000 at the mo (they were worth £500-600 last year!)

Value's are on the up for all model's that are cared for  :shocked:

ive notcied this too. the only other thing i have also noticed is people jumping on this price increase for mint models who mechanically havnt looked after their cars but the paints shiney so they say its mint.. this really grinds on me!