Author Topic: big stevie - Black 1.8T AUM  (Read 11615 times)

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
big stevie - Black 1.8T AUM
« on: 06 December 2011, 18:56 »
 :cool:

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
  • "what doesnt kill me makes me stronger"
Re: big stevie - Black 1.8T AUM
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2011, 21:05 »
thanks a lot for this sorry for late reply but ive just came out of intensive care long story but im ok now though, will put bits here when i get a spare 5 mins.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
black 5 door 18t aum engine with 19" lm reps and homemade induction, awesome forge 007p,pressed plates, pillar mounted boost and voltage gauge.

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2011, 22:10 »
well here goes pics of when i first got it sorry only a few. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

and a few days after buying i bought the lm reps for her.

and then hated the the nasty rusty calipers so done this to them.

then came the home made induction kit cheap as chips to make and sounds great.

then i deciced to have a go at the throttle body clean up.

and my last mod for a while was the polishing of inlet manifold as hated the oxidised look of it.
before pic of it.

and when polished

i have a collection of things collected now that need painting but sadly i have had an opperation so things on hold at the moment dont fancy ripping my belly open dont think mrs will be very happy if i did that so watch this space. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
black 5 door 18t aum engine with 19" lm reps and homemade induction, awesome forge 007p,pressed plates, pillar mounted boost and voltage gauge.

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2011, 19:09 »
well had my forge valve for well over a week but im recovering from an opperation still so my wife offered to fit my valve for me no end to her talents will soon be having her service the cars. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

heres the valve and fitting kit.

and her getting started.

and getting in full flow now.

and nearly done.

and i honestly didnt pick up a tool she done it all herself im well impressed, even put the clips on the pipe first which impressed me i thought she would forget i normally do,  wonder if she could do a fmic pmsl   love my top mrs for putting up with a petrolhead like me. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2012, 00:37 »
right was going so use my xmas money for and exhaust but really hated parts inside the car and thats what you spend most time looking at so decided on spruce up of inside. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

£10 bora gearknob and gater with chrome surround utter bargain that was.

all fitted and well chuffed with results how thay make any money comming from china amases me.

next was boost gauge found a blue coloured gauge smoked finished that matches blue dash £35 it came but wasnt impressed with thin plastic straw fitting and poor connectors that look like thay would leak badly and bought silicone hose reducers and clips to use conventional silicone pipe which ive obtained in green fixtures would never have reached preasure valve at front of engine, its a bodge but a pukker one which will work well, was going to have a single steering wheel mounted pod which was £25 but found a custom made pillar item made for golf which i found that holds two gauges for £32 and loved the fit, so then bought a voltmeter gauge do like to know how battery is doing to fill empty hole which came today, im in bad health and mate is going to fit for me for nothing he fits h.i.d lights kits and various other driving lights and neons so fitting this will be a doddle for him and was also big in the ice scene having a 150 db van. heres pod with gauges just pushed in that are nice and tight.

going to look nice fitted.

hose i purchased to match stuff on my forge valve should look good have 4 mtrs should easy fit now just waiting for reducer valve 4mm down to 3mm and hopefully fitted in just over a week fingers crossed.

then a couple of outside bits ordered pressed plates off ebay all legal ones english required font with bs number and proper printed gb badge not stickers as hated plain plastic ones well impressed but £27 but worth it.

rear one on car already hence pic of only front came over sick and had to abort fitting front but well again now sort of.

then a few stickers for outside.

nothing special just a few for back window and rear qtr windows in my green theme.

then treated myself to a haines manual so can tackle some real good stuff.

my car came with a cd player that didnt work so i bought a cheap brand new kenwood absolute bargain this one dont have pic fitted covered surround in carbon and radio looks lovely and very very good for money this one will post pic up when get a chance.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350515954374?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

highly recomended if on a tight budget lots of functions for money 200 watts kick arse of power and great with having ipod/iphone function and usb port for flashdrive.

next up is colour coding of grills and valences going to order a ltr of 2 pack black in my colour freshen up mirrors aswell, and a ltr of bright green to spray engine parts and covers to complete my theme watch this space for more updates. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
« Last Edit: 12 January 2012, 00:48 by big stevie »

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2012, 09:43 »
I like the progress so far, I would never trust the my misses fit anything on my car though lol she hates the fact im always pissing about with it so god knows what shel do if she had her hands on it haha

The colour is different too, I wonder if you can buy that colour turbo intake pipe?
1.6-1.8t AGU K03s, Forge actuator, Forge 007p, turbo back exhuast, Ths front mount, Catch can, 5 piece silicone boost pipes and creation sports tip. Stage 2 atm 232bhp 270lbs. Waiting for custom mapping :-)

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2012, 00:17 »
I like the progress so far, I would never trust the my misses fit anything on my car though lol she hates the fact im always pissing about with it so god knows what shel do if she had her hands on it haha

The colour is different too, I wonder if you can buy that colour turbo intake pipe?

i trust my mrs 100% and was watching over her all the time so see exactly what she was doing and she's no mug, my mrs gets the arse as im always tinkering with cars when im in good health and sometimes gets peed off and says i love my cars more than her, always been a real petrolhead dont drink or smoke but love cars big time, havent found an intake pipe yet but other sizes in green i could do other pipes in, seems green aint very popular i think it goes great with black if i cant get green intake pipe i will go black and green as blue i think would look odd, my silicone adapter pipe came today to mod boost  gauge to fit better so now have all parts now time to chat up mate to fit it hopefully soon cant wait to see gauges at night going to look cool all in blue, also had my retro fit aero flat wipers arive today hopefully fit them tomorrow mine are buggered my wipers very smeary indeed will post up pics when fitted and if any good i got link from on here for wipers hopefully will work well.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 18 January 2012, 07:39 »

Offline big stevie

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 14 February 2012, 17:24 »
here's the latest update on my golf been in and out of hospital so not much been done of late, managed to get me stickers on just club ones to go on as i have them now might go to a shop and have made in green to go with my theme.

wife bought me a badgeless grill for valentines day so i fitted that today not as easy as i thought getting boot catch handle off what a pain and grill needed some fetling to fit aswell still was £15

not best pic i pulled car forward and locked up and took muddy shoes off reliased i didnt take pic so took from inside, waiting for blanking plate to dry hence why missing.

had boost gauge and voltmeter and pillar pod since christmas and my mate is so busy cant find time to fit them, so ive been working from inside as to ill to go out in the cold, so been building pod inside to just fit when weather is better and my health is better.

good old dining room table far to cold for the shed, god my mrs puts up with a lot of crap.

all fitted up wires all run to trim panel with no obstructions had to dremmel away part of trim panel clips to do it just on one and wont affect it holding.

all fitted up now just got to wait for me to get a bit more healthier or for the weather to get warmer otherwise i will be finished off.

next plan might be fitting an amp and some 6x9's to shelf as i have 1000 watt amp under bed doing nothing or try and finish engine panels but its so bloody cold paint aint drying properly, have to wait and see knowing me will be something totally different. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline tokemk4gti.t

• Here all the time
  • 2001 gti turbo :-)
« Reply #9 on: 17 February 2012, 11:32 »
lookin good mate! dis u paint the calipers in situ?? or take em off?? what paint did u use??