Author Topic: Now this is fuel economy (best yet )  (Read 21956 times)

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
Re: Now this is fuel economy (best yet )
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2012, 11:08 »
Best I've had was a genuine 73 mpg on my work run (approx 30 miles), when I did it I also took pics of the other fuel computer readings ie miles covered, time etc and the miles are on all pics of course  :wink:

I picked up a new GT TDI DSG for the lads out on the road 3 weeks back and they are struggling to better 45 mpg at the mo but they are most defiantly not driving in a fuel friendly manner and they don't have a remap either.

Shall we have an MPG challenge?

Rules would be:

You must video the fuel computer from start to finish OR provide pics of all the data on comp 1 ie miles, time, ave speed etc?

Journey must be a reasonable length ie not 50 meters going down hill in  :grin:

I will crash if i try film while moving  :grin: also is taking it out of gear while going down hills allowed lol

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2012, 11:46 »
Best I've had was a genuine 73 mpg on my work run (approx 30 miles), when I did it I also took pics of the other fuel computer readings ie miles covered, time etc and the miles are on all pics of course  :wink:

I picked up a new GT TDI DSG for the lads out on the road 3 weeks back and they are struggling to better 45 mpg at the mo but they are most defiantly not driving in a fuel friendly manner and they don't have a remap either.

Shall we have an MPG challenge?

Rules would be:

You must video the fuel computer from start to finish OR provide pics of all the data on comp 1 ie miles, time, ave speed etc?

Journey must be a reasonable length ie not 50 meters going down hill in  :grin:

I will crash if i try film while moving  :grin: also is taking it out of gear while going down hills allowed lol

I used bluetack and stuck it to the steering column.  Also coasting is worse for fuel economy going down hill as the fuel has to be used to keep the engine ticking over, in gear going down hill, it can shut off the fuel (or use very very little) as the wheels turn the engine over.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2012, 12:01 »
ANYTHING goes as long as we can verify it  :smug:

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 01 June 2012, 09:34 »
I am off work for a week now but will give it a go when i get back, no point when i am not working asd drive very differently  :grin:

Offline Viking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 01 June 2012, 09:52 »
You need to be quoting miles per tank for a valid comparison. Fill the tank, reset the trip drive as far as you can, post pics of the trip and mpg readouts.  :wink: Quoting figures for traveling to work, but not for traveling back again are a little misleading.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 01 June 2012, 11:01 »
Best I've seen in my Gtd is 39mpg  :cry:

The best I've ever seen is 62mpg doing 70mph on a dual carriage way, obviously I had a tail wind. Normally motorway cruising shows 55mpg at 70mph.

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 01 June 2012, 13:28 »
You need to be quoting miles per tank for a valid comparison. Fill the tank, reset the trip drive as far as you can, post pics of the trip and mpg readouts.  :wink: Quoting figures for traveling to work, but not for traveling back again are a little misleading.

I cant drive sensibly for that long  :grin: thats over 600 miles  :shocked:

Offline andyr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 01 June 2012, 18:11 »
Best I've seen in my Gtd is 39mpg  :cry:
Normally motorway cruising shows 55mpg at 70mph.

I'll have to try that one day  :laugh:
Mk VI Black Pearl GTD.... No Frills, replaced a Black Pearl PD150 Bora, which in turn replaced a Dragon Green VR6 which followed a Dusty Mauve MK III 8v Gti.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 08 June 2012, 21:15 »
I agree that the really challenge would be the best mpg over a tankfull of diesel. I'm currently on 62mpg after nearly 300 miles of mixed driving. I reckon I can better that, so am going to fill up and start again.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 10 June 2012, 08:43 »
I agree that the really challenge would be the best mpg over a tankfull of diesel. I'm currently on 62mpg after nearly 300 miles of mixed driving. I reckon I can better that, so am going to fill up and start again.

It wud be great if I saw those figures on my impending journey..

I've got around 145miles left till I have to fill up, but I'm hoping it will last me till next sunday(which it will  :laugh:) and then fill her up before starting my journey to Devon on fathers day for a weeks break, looking forward to seeing what I get...

Q. wud peeps with cruise recommend using it to get the most mpg, it might be a silly quest but I've never had cruise before lol...
The journey is 127miles and 3hrs 16mins - google maps

Ta for the feedback!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather