Author Topic: Clutch pedal pulsating/vibrating  (Read 33848 times)

Offline mac7

• I live here
Re: Clutch pedal pulsating/vibrating
« Reply #20 on: 09 February 2011, 19:47 »
Cheers Mac.

The purpose of the DMF is to reduce torsional vibration not increase it.

Yes I know - I bet the GTD would be horrid without one. But I didn't say the DMF increased torsional vibration, I said it increases the mass/inertia of the gearbox - and thus lowers the speed at which resonance (vibration) occurs to below idle speed.

How effective it is at reducing it to zero is the question. The springs inside the DMF are what provides the damping, which is why I considered their spring rate and the grease (which will affect the friction coefficient of the springs inside the flywheel and thus the amount of damping).

Even better with DSG mac7  :smug:

No clutch pedal - no vibration. The ultimate engineering solution?  :wink:
Golf R

Offline DDg

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 09 February 2011, 20:01 »
Quick question... Did the Mk3 tdi of 1994 have a dual mass flywheel? As I've said already, my old one had the symptoms described but I always assumed the dual mass flywheels were a more recent development. If it didn't, then the theory of the DMF causing the problems might be a dead end... Just a thought.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 09 February 2011, 21:24 »
I'm not sure DDg I think the Mk4 TDI's did if you Google it.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #23 on: 09 February 2011, 21:55 »
MK3's. No.

Offline daisyjohn

• Just got here
« Reply #24 on: 07 October 2013, 14:08 »
I'd say it's normal. I feel the engine vibration through the pedal when pressed slightly and it goes as you depress further. Don't notice it when changing gear though, just when my foot it resting on the clutch when in neutral.

Offline gazareth

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 19 October 2013, 23:00 »
vw have no idea how to build a quality long lasting car anymore. simple as that. they are dabbling with technology they have no clue about.