Author Topic: Team Dynamics Imolas with Conti Winter Tyres - fit Mk6 GTi/Mk7 R - 225/40/18  (Read 1448 times)

Offline andykram

• I live here
I put these wheels up for sale last November believing our new car was to arrive imminently. In the end it was delayed and is due to arrive at the end of this month so I am posting the wheels up for sale again. I have left the original post below as it was and the only extra thing to say is that the wheels weren't used last winter either.
After 25 years of VW ownership we take delivery of a different brand soon and the wheels and tyres below are now surplus to requirements as they don't fit the new car. They have served extremely well very briefly on my Mk6 GTi and subsequently on my wife's 2 Golf Mk7 Rs. They 've only been used on three winters out of the 6 years I've owned them so can't have covered more than 4000 miles or so so they are in excellent condition. The alloys are perfect with no kerbing whatsoever and there is loads of tread on the tyres which were the top rated winter tyre at the time of purchase. I wanted to get these posted asap with the weather deteriorating  so I apologize that I haven't fully washed them but i will do that before sale. They are dry stored and covered all year in my parents' garage (where the photos were taken). On the worst winter (2018 or 2019?) they were absolutely fantastic in thick snow - the R just breezed around where there were other cars littering the roadways. I also live in a hilly area and again, they were fantastic and never had a problem. I'm just gutted they don't fit the new car so they may as well go to someone on here who can get the benefit from them. Come with all accessories as pictured in the last photo. £599 ono.

« Last Edit: 08 September 2022, 18:30 by andykram »

Offline Peter_booker2003

• Not said much yet
Hi Andy,

Could I have some more info on sizing please? How wide are they offset wise?

Looking for a set of winter wheels for my ED35 and these seem to fit the bill perfectly.

Thanks
Pete

Offline andykram

• I live here
I'm really sorry Peter (and anyone else who was looking at these) but I have been informed today that my new car has been delayed from the start of December to potentially as far away as next March, in which case I am going to have to suspend the sale of these until I know what is happening. If the new car arrives in March I will keep these for another season as we will have the Mk7 R until then.
Peter, can I apologize again for the inconvenience this has caused you? I will post an update as soon as the new car dealer replies to me (hopefully in the next couple of days) with updates about its arrival - he expects to find out this week. Absolute Sod's Law that this happens literally the day after I've posted the wheels for sale!!   :embarrassed:

Offline andykram

• I live here
I might add that if I have to keep them over the winter season I will still sell them in the Spring as they won't fit the new car. That would be at a reduced price to reflect the extra season.
They are not currently on the car so may get through to Spring with no further use.

Offline Peter_booker2003

• Not said much yet
No worries at all Andy.

Feel free to give me a PM Instead if they are going to be going for sale.

Thanks
Pete