Author Topic: Non DCC 2019 GTI PP Vs Non DCC 2019 GTI TCR  (Read 3793 times)

Offline pixelcellar

• Not said much yet
Non DCC 2019 GTI PP Vs Non DCC 2019 GTI TCR
« on: 16 February 2024, 19:42 »
I've got my eyes on a TCR but it's not got DCC and only comes with the standard Quaranta (look v similar to Belvedere, they the same?) wheels that I want to source a set of Reifnitz for.

My dilema is how's the ride feel without DCC, anyone had a PP (ideally with Brescia's which I have) and got a TCR and driven it without the DCC on? How's the ride feel etc.

Also curious, was the 20mm drop on all models, with an extra 5mm if you got the TCR Performance Pack (was the wheels, DCC and something else I think) or was the 20mm only with the Performance Pack.

Any thoughts welcome, I know DCC is subjective but I don't want to end up with a car that's ride is bone breaking if you know what I mean and given the updates to the TCR over the PP I wonder if things affecting the ride they've done would be a worry......
2024 - Current: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi TCR 286bhp, 5dr, Pure Grey, 7spd DSG, 19" Oz Ultraleggera HLT Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Side Assist, Rear View Camera
2020 - 2024: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 245bhp, 3dr, Deep Black Pearl, 6spd Manual, 19" Brescia Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Rear View Camera
2017 - 2020: 2017 Mk5 Polo GTi 190bhp, 3dr, Metallic Black, 6spd Manual, 17" Santiago Alloys

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Non DCC 2019 GTI PP Vs Non DCC 2019 GTI TCR
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2024, 19:58 »
I haven't but, if you want 19s then I'd suggest you get one with DCC. It's quite a firm ride but in comfort it's very good. If you want to get the 19s, why not just go for a car with the performance pack from new? Is there something special about the car you are looking at?

The drop of 5mm is on cars with the performance pack over standard TCRs which ride at the same level as a GTIP. Other than this, performance packs were the Reifnitz with Pirellis or Pretorias with Michelin Cups. You also got the speed restrictor removed to give 164mph top speed and DCC.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2024, 20:01 »
I’ve got a PP with brescia’s that’s lowered on Eibach springs and doesn’t have DCC and find the ride to perfectly comfortable. With that being said I previously had an Up GTI that was on coilovers and was the stiffest car I’ve ever owned. So to me the Golf is a huge step up in ride quality. It’s very subjective but I don’t think DCC is a necessity on just about any golf.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline pixelcellar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2024, 20:19 »
Is there something special about the car you are looking at?

It's the mileage that's special, just under 6k but with that comes a lack of extras namely DCC. To be fair, really it has rear window tint, that's it I think. No interior extras over the PP either. I prefer the look of the 19" Reifnitz wheels over the standard 18's but getting them without a PP means a car with 25k on the clock.
2024 - Current: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi TCR 286bhp, 5dr, Pure Grey, 7spd DSG, 19" Oz Ultraleggera HLT Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Side Assist, Rear View Camera
2020 - 2024: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 245bhp, 3dr, Deep Black Pearl, 6spd Manual, 19" Brescia Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Rear View Camera
2017 - 2020: 2017 Mk5 Polo GTi 190bhp, 3dr, Metallic Black, 6spd Manual, 17" Santiago Alloys

Offline pixelcellar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2024, 20:21 »
I’ve got a PP with brescia’s that’s lowered on Eibach springs and doesn’t have DCC and find the ride to perfectly comfortable.

I find my PP on Brescia's fine too, was concerned about the different wheel type and on the TCR, not sure if the suspension setup is any different. If it were to be the same then I'd probably do it even though it'd mean trying to source a set of Reifnitz wheels which looks difficult. Might be easier to get the Pretoria's which were also an option so least the 'standard' look would be kept.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2024, 21:02 »
My TCR had DCC and Reifnitz and it hated me. Prior to that I’d had an Ed40 and GTI PP both non DCC and both came with 18’s that I upgraded to 19’s. They rode fine, handled great and on that basis I’d only buy another TCR if it was non DCC as it’s more predictable, then I’d buy a set of 19” CM Wheels replicas and be happy. A set of Michelin tyres on the reps will take the edge off the ride.
I’m not saying you should do the same, but it’d be worth checking out the TCR to see how you get on with it.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2024, 21:06 »
My TCR had DCC and Reifnitz and it hated me. Prior to that I’d had an Ed40 and GTI PP both non DCC and both came with 18’s that I upgraded to 19’s. They rode fine, handled great and on that basis I’d only buy another TCR if it was non DCC as it’s more predictable, then I’d buy a set of 19” CM Wheels replicas and be happy. A set of Michelin tyres on the reps will take the edge off the ride.
I’m not saying you should do the same, but it’d be worth checking out the TCR to see how you get on with it.
CM reps might be my next purchase, I love the brescia’s but I just have a general dislike toward all diamond cut wheels.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline pixelcellar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 16 February 2024, 21:16 »

Drove one today on the 18's, was lovely, not going to lie, I prefer the look of the black 19's though hence my original question as different wheels/tyres can make a difference. Wonder if it's the Reifnitz wheels that aren't too comfy with. Given their kinda matt finish and the rest of the black trim on the car is gloss might be better to get the Pretoria's as they were gloss black.

Gives it original spec then and Prets are easier to come by than Reifnitz.....

Hoping to drive a DCC'd Reifnitz version tomorrow to compare with today's drive....

If I like it then it'll come down to a choice over no spec low miles (6k) or lots of spec (25k).

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 16 February 2024, 22:14 »

Drove one today on the 18's, was lovely, not going to lie, I prefer the look of the black 19's though hence my original question as different wheels/tyres can make a difference. Wonder if it's the Reifnitz wheels that aren't too comfy with. Given their kinda matt finish and the rest of the black trim on the car is gloss might be better to get the Pretoria's as they were gloss black.

Gives it original spec then and Prets are easier to come by than Reifnitz.....

Hoping to drive a DCC'd Reifnitz version tomorrow to compare with today's drive....

If I like it then it'll come down to a choice over no spec low miles (6k) or lots of spec (25k).
Different wheels will only change the ride if there are significant weight differences between them, I know OEM Pretoria's are a reasonably light weight wheel but not sure about Reifnitz.

I think I'd be looking to get someone with the best spec available to help the residuals. I know sometimes a 6k mile car can be appealing but if I was 6k with no options or 25k with plenty of options I'd choose the latter.
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2024, 23:09 »
Not same really as what you are asking but I had a 245 performance on DCC on Brescia's.

Now have mk 8 GTI without on Adelaides thought I would miss DCC but I don't I would never pay to spec it again.

Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI