Author Topic: mk1 1.1 formel E to 20valve turbo project thread  (Read 38795 times)

Offline minimat

• GTI forum regular
Re: mk1 1.1 formel E to 20valve turbo project thread
« Reply #10 on: 20 September 2011, 16:19 »
yeah its obviously having a full repsray, just back in its original mars red. as for lowness and wheels im still not sure. I cant go too mad with the ride height as the estate i live on has mahooosive speed bumps and i dont fancy very much ripping the bottom off everytime i drive it, plus with the 20vt conversion the sump sits very low anyways. but it WILL be coming down

wheels im really not sure, i saw one on 14 inch banded steels and it looked smart but the tyres are a fortune in 195-50-14. Toying with the idea of some old school 13's but i need to be able to clear my brakes so that might be a nono. Ive got some deep dish 15s in shed that can go on to start with as the bbs copies that are on are square anyways, im open to suggestions and on the lookout for a set
mat

Offline minimat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 20 September 2011, 16:39 »
yeah its obviously having a full repsray, just back in its original mars red. as for lowness and wheels im still not sure. I cant go too mad with the ride height as the estate i live on has mahooosive speed bumps and i dont fancy very much ripping the bottom off everytime i drive it, plus with the 20vt conversion the sump sits very low anyways. but it WILL be coming down

wheels im really not sure, i saw one on 14 inch banded steels and it looked smart but the tyres are a fortune in 195-50-14. Toying with the idea of some old school 13's but i need to be able to clear my brakes so that might be a nono. Ive got some deep dish 15s in shed that can go on to start with as the bbs copies that are on are square anyways, im open to suggestions and on the lookout for a set
mat

Offline minimat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 21 September 2011, 16:33 »
tiny update today but still progress, managed to grab an hour between finishing one job and starting the next. Welded up the holes in the front panel and smoothed them off, so thats ALL the welding now done beofer paint.

got 3 days off work from tomorrow so watch this space for hopefully a massive update, one involving a fresh coat of mars red!

mat

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 21 September 2011, 16:56 »
tiny update today but still progress, managed to grab an hour between finishing one job and starting the next. Welded up the holes in the front panel and smoothed them off, so thats ALL the welding now done beofer paint.

got 3 days off work from tomorrow so watch this space for hopefully a massive update, one involving a fresh coat of mars red!

mat

We can only hope!  :smug: :cool: :tongue:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #14 on: 21 September 2011, 19:27 »

mat

We can only hope!  :smug: :cool: :tongue:

Another fast moving project then.  Nice. Look forward to the update. 

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 21 September 2011, 23:10 »
Love it.  :cool:

Offline minimat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 21 September 2011, 23:49 »
thanks for the positive comments

mat

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 22 September 2011, 18:36 »
hello mate this looks sweet another 20vt  :evil: youv got your work cut out i do not miss the 19hour days and late nights to get mine painted

il be keeping an eye on this and good luck.. anything you wanna know im always up for helping

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #18 on: 22 September 2011, 18:41 »
hello mate this looks sweet another 20vt  :evil: youv got your work cut out i do not miss the 19hour days and late nights to get mine painted

il be keeping an eye on this and good luck.. anything you wanna know im always up for helping

Paint my fecking car then!  :grin:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #19 on: 22 September 2011, 18:44 »

Paint my fecking car then!  :grin:

:grin: :grin: That would be a lot easier if your were still on the road :tongue: