Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2829671 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12970 on: 25 May 2023, 15:40 »
I ordered mine from Coverdale Car Parts https://www.coverdalecarparts.co.uk/product-page/manifold-cover-kit-ea888 as it was the cheapest and free postage.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #12971 on: 25 May 2023, 18:32 »
Today I snapped the bonnet cable, which can only be described as an absolute f***ing ball ache...
Booked in at the dealers under warranty, but not until 30June, so I'll have a go myself in the mean time...

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #12972 on: 25 May 2023, 18:52 »
Today I snapped the bonnet cable, which can only be described as an absolute f***ing ball ache...
Booked in at the dealers under warranty, but not until 30June, so I'll have a go myself in the mean time...

This happened to me when the car was around 2 years old. I had a JB4 tuning box on at the time so had to do it myself. I found a YT video on how to do it and it was not that bad. Access by taking the drivers side wheel arch liner off. Good luck!
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #12973 on: 25 May 2023, 19:05 »

This happened to me when the car was around 2 years old. I had a JB4 tuning box on at the time so had to do it myself. I found a YT video on how to do it and it was not that bad. Access by taking the drivers side wheel arch liner off. Good luck!

Is this where the cable junction box breaks, hence the cable tie mod before this happens??
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #12974 on: 25 May 2023, 19:06 »
Yeah, I've got a DTUK box on as well, can't see the box affecting the bonnet cable though! Fingers crossed anyway.

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #12975 on: 25 May 2023, 19:08 »

Is this where the cable junction box breaks, hence the cable tie mod before this happens??

I suspect so. I was only discussing it with mate yesterday, that I should cable tie it, but forgot and now today....
« Last Edit: 25 May 2023, 21:12 by rowlers »

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #12976 on: 25 May 2023, 19:24 »
Yeah, I've got a DTUK box on as well, can't see the box affecting the bonnet cable though! Fingers crossed anyway.

:smiley:No, not at all, but my car was still under manufacturer’s warranty so I wasn’t going to let the dealer open the bonnet and find it.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #12977 on: 02 June 2023, 13:23 »
Replaced the bonnet cable. Seriously folks, don't go wrecking your front grill to gain access or fishing thru the wheel arch. Get some air wedges and a thin 10mm spanner and you can easily unbolt the latch without damage. Then replace the cable with the correct RHD drive one and not the stupid LHD that I was originally supplied with.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #12978 on: 03 June 2023, 10:33 »
New Sump Gasket as it was dripping one drop of oil on the drive every week or so and when I took the under tray off noticed coolant leaking from the radiator as well so now radiator has been replaced.

Offline ES98

• Just got here
« Reply #12979 on: 03 June 2023, 15:46 »
I fitted the MST intake hose and turbo elbow this morning. Cant feel any difference when having a quick drive afterwards, but supposedly will make a difference when I decide to get the car mapped. Easy to install, only took about 20 mins and fit perfect. Next job is to give the engine bay a clean.