Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2829393 times)

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9870 on: 12 January 2020, 15:06 »
Too cold to wash it properly??! 😱  That’s pretty outrageous.

What’s the coolant/silica bag deal? I’ve heard a few rumblings but not aware of the circumstances. Ticking time-bomb for GTI owners??? 🤔

EDIT:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/coolant-silica-bag-to-remove-or-not.361900/

Think I’ll leave mine. If it is a genuine problem there will be a recall or routine rectification when serviced, I presume?
« Last Edit: 12 January 2020, 15:13 by Mutley75 »
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9871 on: 12 January 2020, 16:37 »
Too cold to wash it properly??! 😱  That’s pretty outrageous.

What’s the coolant/silica bag deal? I’ve heard a few rumblings but not aware of the circumstances. Ticking time-bomb for GTI owners??? 🤔

EDIT:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/coolant-silica-bag-to-remove-or-not.361900/

Think I’ll leave mine. If it is a genuine problem there will be a recall or routine rectification when serviced, I presume?

cheers for link...yeah good point on about if gen problem be a recall.

yeah i was cold but think being ill made it feel worse. next weekend i'll get on it properly, least got the worst off.
Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9872 on: 13 January 2020, 00:36 »
So they've coded the new key but wiped all the maps, phone won't connect and Android auto is now asking for an activation key.

Any ideas?

Tonight I found out my DCC is no longer working either. I've attached a video showing what happens. https://youtu.be/8Nenun3SWhk

Plugged my OBDELEVEN in and it was showing 13 faults. Cleared it and 2 appeared again. All this from having a key fob replaced.

Not best pleased to say the least.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2020, 00:43 by Ryan90GTI »

Offline shiners

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9873 on: 13 January 2020, 05:49 »
So they've coded the new key but wiped all the maps, phone won't connect and Android auto is now asking for an activation key.

Any ideas?

Tonight I found out my DCC is no longer working either. I've attached a video showing what happens. https://youtu.be/8Nenun3SWhk

Plugged my OBDELEVEN in and it was showing 13 faults. Cleared it and 2 appeared again. All this from having a key fob replaced.

Not best pleased to say the least.

Can I ask as to why you cleared off the fault codes? That might be your evidence, linking the dealership to the key fob replacement and subsequent issues, gone? Hope you get things sorted.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9874 on: 13 January 2020, 08:48 »
I took a screenshot before deleting. Some of the faults likely appeared from them doing the work, the more concerning thing is that 2 remain even when cleared.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9875 on: 13 January 2020, 08:49 »

Can I ask as to why you cleared off the fault codes? That might be your evidence, linking the dealership to the key fob replacement and subsequent issues, gone? Hope you get things sorted.

Tbf , the dealers would have just done the same to start with anyway. They won't care mostly if there are any faults currently showing. They tend to go down the route of clear them and if any come back on then deal with those. If nothing comes back on they'll just pull the old we can't see any errors so nothings wrong  :angry:.

Can you tell I've been here before  :rolleyes:

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9876 on: 13 January 2020, 08:51 »
... screen wash top up & then looked at the coolant bottle wondering if i'm confident enough to try get that silica bag out without splitting it.....bottled it lol

I keep meaning to check this but keep forgetting LOL.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9877 on: 13 January 2020, 09:35 »
Just scanned it now and the only fault that is constantly remaining is: U111100. Function limitation due to missing message

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9878 on: 13 January 2020, 13:24 »
Had a run-in with a 1ft high small old fence post in the car park opposite work  :angry:

My first damage in quite a few years. And a really annoying one.

Anyone have a link to the front bumper assembly, will need a new plastic trim that goes around the front fog lights. And some paint  :sad:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9879 on: 13 January 2020, 14:05 »
Had a run-in with a 1ft high small old fence post in the car park opposite work  :angry:

My first damage in quite a few years. And a really annoying one.

Anyone have a link to the front bumper assembly, will need a new plastic trim that goes around the front fog lights. And some paint  :sad:

Ouch..... not a great start to the week then!!

On the plus side at least the damage is low down and you don't require ANOTHER new headlight!!  :wink:
2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten