Author Topic: Where to buy parts? Specifically wing mirror components  (Read 1268 times)

Offline JNL

• Not said much yet
So…. Took the CS on a nice long run to Devon for a short holiday (great to get some mileage on the new engine), and unfortunately the sh!te narrow lanes in South Devon resulted in another car whacking my drivers side mirror  :cry:. It exploded in to pieces but all kept together by wires. So what I can see is broke is the casing and a small plastic component in the inside (white baring thingy) picture attached to see. This meant a the electric positioning doesn’t work properly (only left to right and not up and down).  Tbh I can easily fix it myself without having to pay 300 plus quid to the dealer. However, I’ve no idea where I can buy the part. Can anyone help identify the part and where to source it?
Many thanks

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
Re: Where to buy parts? Specifically wing mirror components
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2021, 12:13 »
Phone up the parts dept with the part number, chances are it’s not too expensive. You could also google the part no and see what comes up.

Can’t read it properly but the part number is the one in the left upper quadrant of your photo ending with …578 C.
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline JNL

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2021, 13:15 »
Ah yes, it’s pretty hard to see in the photo. I’ve googled it, but can’t seem to find anything or suppliers.
The part no. is 3G0.959.578C
It’s only the little white bearing that’s broke, but suspect that’s not a part you can get….

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2021, 13:31 »
If you google without the '.' you get a few hits.  This is from the US (so no use to you) - but seems cheap enough.  Would expect it to be 'cheap' here too.  You can also see from that site the parts diagram.

https://parts.vw.com/a/Volkswagen__/70089873__7605175/FRONT-DOOR-OUTSIDE-MIRRORS/9265630.html#4

I've found the parts guys in most dealerships to be very helpful, just give them a call with the PN and see what they say. 

Failing that ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133650900044?hash=item1f1e36e44c:g:meoAAOSwclVgE9fC
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline JNL

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2021, 22:33 »
Thank you. Very helpful!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2021, 16:50 »
Welcome to Devon!  :grin:

Elsawin used to be the go to place for part numbers. Not used it for a good few years though.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2021, 22:52 »
I had to get the replacement mirror glass for my mk8, it was £59 from  the dealer  :cry:

Offline JNL

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 26 August 2021, 00:42 »
Welcome to Devon!  :grin:

Elsawin used to be the go to place for part numbers. Not used it for a good few years though.

Haha. I know typical - the coastal roads are a nightmare and given the number of people flocking there over the summer, it’s not a that much of a surprise it happened! Thanks for tip.