Author Topic: Target Price/Percentage deal  (Read 2471 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Target Price/Percentage deal
« Reply #10 on: 18 August 2021, 16:06 »
I’ve just talked to a dealer and orders are being taken for the new polo gti. Expected delivery is 3 to 4 months.

But that’s presumably the outgoing (pre-facelift) model as per the latest price list and spec brochure dated 3rd Aug 2021 on VW’s website (https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live/sites/vwuk/files/pdf/Brochures/polo-brochure-pricelist-p11d.pdf) - like the red one below;

This is the forthcoming facelift model below - UK prices haven’t been announced yet and you can register your interest via VW’s website for more info as and when it becomes available;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/new/new-polo-gti.html

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Chippyste

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 18 August 2021, 16:08 »
That’s what the dealer said to me. The order book is now open for it and new cars usually arrive 3/4 months after the book opens. He might be wrong but that’s what he told me. I was thinking the golf might be a stretch for me financially but the polo could be a good second best.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #12 on: 18 August 2021, 20:53 »
That’s what the dealer said to me. The order book is now open for it and new cars usually arrive 3/4 months after the book opens. He might be wrong but that’s what he told me. I was thinking the golf might be a stretch for me financially but the polo could be a good second best.

Polo GTI is built in South Africa so from a point of it being open for order anything from South Africa is usually at least 6 months.

From Fiesta ST to a Polo GTI……now of course I am a fan of the GTI but is that really such a jump forward?

Thing is you buy a Polo GTI and then experience normal depreciation when the market sorts itself out you will be sticking in that agreement for quite sometime. The only reason you can get out of the fiesta ST right now with equity is because of a once in a lifetime used car market.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Chippyste

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 19 August 2021, 20:14 »
I’m sure you can see why it’s tempting to trade in. Yes I understand they are quite similar cars. I really would like a Golf but the long lead times puts me off a bit.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #14 on: 19 August 2021, 22:12 »
You could sell your car now and grab a Polo GTI on personal contract hire….
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.