Author Topic: OBD11/VCDS Tweakery  (Read 8878 times)

Offline Megy_CS

• Not said much yet
Re: OBD11/VCDS Tweakery
« Reply #20 on: 29 August 2021, 13:07 »
I've finally got around to trying the lane assist tweak.

Seems to have worked... At start up it's set however you previously set it. No more pre flight checklist!

Hurrah!

Can you post it message me with how you did it and what you used please, I need find someone to do it, or buy whatever you used also.

Have you found any way to do the AC synch too by any change?

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #21 on: 29 August 2021, 13:51 »
Monkey posted it on page one of this thread.

https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287994.msg2642215#msg2642215

I used obd11 to do it.

I'm going to see if the ac sync can be set.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Megy_CS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 30 August 2021, 20:36 »

I used obd11 to do it.

Do you have a link to the OBD11 device you have, looked on Amazon and there are several available and I know nothing about them so don't want to get the wrong thing. I always thought this was a diagnostic only thing.

Cheers

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 30 August 2021, 20:56 »
It's just the original one. You only need the newer one if you are using an iPhone.

And yes, it's capable of changing stuff, very much so. Some things on the mk8 are protected though and not changeable by mere mortals...and never will be.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline HappyFunky

• Just got here
« Reply #24 on: 04 September 2021, 14:42 »
Just pulled from my post on the EV forum:-

How to have lane assist remember what it was last set to e.g. leave it off unless you want it on:-

Control Unit>A5 Assistance systems>configuration for lane departure warning>change "active" to "last setting" then ok>press and hold green tick to save it.

My biggest annoyance - lane assist coming back every ignition cycle, is resolved, so that's a win for me.

I have tried that in OBDEleven (new version of box, latest version of app) on my Alltrack (May 2021) and apart from the names of the controls being different, when I try and confirm the change to Last Setting I get an error message saying Function Disabled.

Very frustrating as this is a big deal for me - Lane Assist is literally the work of the devil and is actively dangerous on country lanes.

I will go and try it again and give a detailed description of the control names and the process you go through on my car.

Offline HappyFunky

• Just got here
« Reply #25 on: 04 September 2021, 15:55 »
Well, that's very odd! This time it worked, and I don't know why as I don't think anything had changed.

Anyway, here is exactly what I did:

Go to A5 Driver Assistance->Long Coding->Configuration for lane departure warning KI15->change to Last Setting

Then drag the green blob across to write the change and it was successful.

Switching off and restarting with Lane Assist disabled has proved that the setting has been changed correctly.

I also changed 'Lane Assist System Mode' to 'Steering Wheel Vibration not active', just to be sure. Hopefully I will no longer find the steering wheel trying to tug me towards oncoming vehicles on narrow country roads!!!

There were two other things I discovered while browsing through other items which I found fascinating - in control unit 22 - AWD there is a setting for 'Diff Lock' which was set to Not Installed. I don't know if this refers to the mechanical diff lock (VAQ) or the electronic diff lock (XDS), but on the Alltrack the XDS should be installed. I wonder if this setting is incorrect for my car, as I have to say that I have previously suspected that it is not active because I find in fast tight cornering I don't get the feeling of the front end actively stopping the understeer like I did with my previous Octavia 4x4. If anything the opposite. I have set this to 'Installed' and it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference.

Also in 44 Steering Assistance there is a setting for 'All Wheel Drive (AWD)' and that also was set to 'Not Installed'. Once again I have successfully changed this to 'Installed' so it will be fascinating to see if I can feel any difference. I know that one shouldn't really change two things at once, but I can always change one back and see what the effect is then.

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 05 September 2021, 00:23 »
Hope there will be a a way to switch the front light bar off and for Scandinavian rear drls

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 05 September 2021, 07:11 »
You can set rear drl if you want but it's considered less safe.... Which is why UK cars don't have it enabled.

The light bar you can't tinker with.

If you really want that to go you'll see some sort of plug in device to fake it working and disconnect it. Such a device doesn't exist yet AFAIK.

Offline Megy_CS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 07 September 2021, 19:12 »

I used obd11 to do it.

Any luck with the AC synch at all mate?

I've ordered my OBD11 thingy and just waiting for delivery.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 07 September 2021, 20:54 »
No, the sync isn't a system setting, it's just an operational one, like the temperature...