Author Topic: CS Still quite rare  (Read 4449 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: CS Still quite rare
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2021, 19:13 »
I see more Polestar 2's than performance golfs here... I probably should have bought one too...

Per chance do you live near many architects?  :wink:

Still a rare site over here as well, I've seen 2 Clubsports, 3 R's, 1 GTI, 1 GTD. Is there another deal on the R again where every man and his dog will have one?
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 05 August 2021, 20:39 »
Nah the R thing is just down to those drag race times... Certainly not cheap!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 05 August 2021, 21:30 »
Nah the R thing is just down to those drag race times... Certainly not cheap!

Through fleet deals at the minute the GTD is £300 a month and with what happened with the mk7 R I'd be very hesitant to go for an R this early.

I do believe the Clubsport is the cream of the Mk8's until the Edition 50 comes around which I've very high hopes for.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 05 August 2021, 22:36 »
Maybe VW will do an Anni R in the next year or two with some trick front suspension settings to give it CS handling and R traction. Stranger things have happened.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 06 August 2021, 07:22 »
I've had my 7.5 TCR a year and still haven't seen another one on the road. Yesterday though I saw four mk8 Gtis and two mk8 Clubsports within 2 hours. Bog standard Gtis still look terrible, Clubsport looks ok though (both were white that I saw).
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 06 August 2021, 16:01 »
On a trip up to Newcastle last week I parked next to a Blue MK8 R and then a few days later I returned to my car on a trip to the metrocentre and a white MK8 R had parked next to mine. I had time to look at the MK8 and was not that impressed with the rear bumper fit (perhaps it had been hit) but the bonnet to front wing fit was also way off. The only two Rs I have seen.

Still prefer the look of my ED40  :smiley:

Seen several GTIs but no Clubsports
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 06 August 2021, 16:09 »
Maybe VW will do an Anni R in the next year or two with some trick front suspension settings to give it CS handling and R traction. Stranger things have happened.

The question is what could they do? I'm sure it'd be for the 25th Anniversary of it (It did start at the mk4 didn't it?) Seeing how the golf now has the aluminium subframe of the Audi A3 and is already pushing too much up on the S3.

Of realistic things I'd expect from one it would be a mild hybrid drivetrain (at a push) with bigger lighter brakes with a few graphics and a mild bodykit.

One last hurrah of a VR6 would be nice though, even if it was still at 320bhp.

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 07 August 2021, 21:08 »
I’ve seen Gti’s on a daily basis several R’s but no club sports.

I also saw an unmarked police R a couple of weeks ago on the A1 going north past Darlington.

Reply : I saw a black R on the A1 near Darlington tonight as I traveled N. It overtook me then sat there for a couple of miles then turned off. I wonder if it was the unmarked  police car???
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 07 August 2021, 21:12 »
Saw my first Mk8 Clubsport today.

White with Mk7 Brescia's. Looked  :cool:
7.5 GTD

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 07 August 2021, 21:31 »
I’ve seen Gti’s on a daily basis several R’s but no club sports.

I also saw an unmarked police R a couple of weeks ago on the A1 going north past Darlington.

Reply : I saw a black R on the A1 near Darlington tonight as I traveled N. It overtook me then sat there for a couple of miles then turned off. I wonder if it was the unmarked  police car???

Could well be that one.