Author Topic: Clubsport S Battery  (Read 1973 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Clubsport S Battery
« Reply #10 on: 06 August 2021, 17:57 »
Facebook has both vcds and OBD11 groups on which you can join.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2021, 21:20 »
Whereabouts are you?
I've left the UK but still got a few contacts to vcds users
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline hhh182

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 08 September 2021, 12:27 »
Hello Everyone

I was wondering if anyone has replaced the battery on their Clubsport S and what they replaced it with?

Despite being on a CTEK trickle charger, mine has given up after 5 years. It's not a garage queen but have multiple cars and with the pandemic, having it on intermittent use and not permanently on the trickle has resulted in the battery failing.

Local dealer quoted OE which I think is Banner on 1 year warranty and if fitted by them becomes 2. But I'm effectively paying £90 for a year's warranty by having someone in their workshop take 15 mins to do something I can easily do myself.

Having mentioned price, it's not the reason for the post so am not interested in a cheap battery, just a high quality battery that is better than what they're offering (at more than the price for what I know are better batteries).

Be grateful for suggestions/recommendations and a supplier (favour given to any who support the forum with sponsorship).

Thanks

AGB

I'd be interested to know which battery you decided to fit?

I noticed on Tayna batteries/ europarts/ RAC and other sources that they advise a EXIDE EK700 AGM 096 BATTERY TYPE 70AH with stop/start function..

This doesn't match the battery in my car, which it appears is no longer available.

many thanks