Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84856 times)

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #250 on: 14 September 2021, 22:21 »
Spoke to my dealer today and he confirmed the average current delay to confirmed build weeks is between 8 and 11 weeks.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #251 on: 14 September 2021, 22:27 »
Wonder where I stand about getting my deposit back. Was via DTD
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #252 on: 15 September 2021, 08:03 »
Wonder where I stand about getting my deposit back. Was via DTD

You’d need to check the T’s and C’s of whatever document (physical paper or electronic) you signed when placing your order. There may be some circumstances where you’d forfeit some or all of your deposit (e.g. if the dealer or broker had incurred certain costs or expenses on your behalf), although deposit forfeiture - if applicable - might not apply if VW aren’t able to supply the car. I dare say the dealer would have no problem finding a buyer for the car you’ve ordered if you did decide to cancel. 

Don’t overlook the fact that if you cancel and still plan on buying an alternative new car, you’ll probably be in no better position than you are currently as all manufacturers are affected by critical component shortages, so there’s likely to be a long delay with a new factory order. If you’re fortunate enough to find a new car in stock, you’re unlikely to get much - if any - discount. If you buy nearly new you’ll be paying the current highly inflated used car prices, there’s a good chance there’d be a higher APR if PCP-ing and it’s unlikely there’d be a manufacturer finance deposit contribution. IMHO, all factors you need to consider seriously before cancelling.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #253 on: 15 September 2021, 08:30 »
Yeah, I'd think about it twice Ash... this isn't just a VW problem right now.

And there are few alternatives.... I drove past a load of dealers the other day (all sorts of brands) and their forecourts are really empty....

Unless you are so desperate to have transport and currently have none, I'd hang on.

I understand the frustration though - I had to wait over a year longer than I wanted to for a new car as the Mk7 to Mk8 swap over for GTI production was delayed too! The whole Mk8 has been one giant cluster for VW...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #254 on: 15 September 2021, 09:02 »
Basically I traded in my Tesla in May and been without a car since. Got away with it by borrowing family cars. Was quoted summer delivery and knew it could run onto Starr of autumn time. But week 52 takes the biscuit.  Yes no new cars to get. But I can jump into a second hand type r within a week. Granted prices are higher but its that vs no car til jan/Feb at the earliest

Decisions Decisions

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #255 on: 15 September 2021, 09:20 »
4-6 months is an old "standard" VW factory order time.... so its not too far out from that even in these chaotic times...

Again like everything with the Mk8, its not the problems, its the way VW seem to be handling it and communicating with their customers...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #256 on: 15 September 2021, 09:59 »
@ash_rage; there’s a £354 cancellation fee with Drive the Deal; section IV (cancellation), paragraph 5 under their terms and conditions - link to t’s and c’s below;

https://www.drivethedeal.com/Terms.aspx
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #257 on: 15 September 2021, 10:28 »
I did something very similar back in 2009 with a mk2 focus RS. I called the dealer (Ford garage) and explained due to ‘unexpected delivery delays’ I wished to cancel and request my £1000 deposit back.

The dealer kindly agreed as a goodwill gesture.

Ford had a lot of issues with the engine on those RSs, if I recall, something was over heating and a certain material in either the cylinder head or pistons had to be changed therefore delaying the first batches. Anyway, I’m sure Ford just reallocated this car to another customer as mine was an early order.

A caution to this tale, I then got bored 6 months later and paid over the odds for a pre-registered RS so lost out anyway  :whistle:

I’d think hard about what your suggesting, remember, if you’re considering because you’ve fell “out of love” with the CS 45 due to delays, there’s a good chance if yours is an early delivery in comparison to others, that it may even be more valuable than the price you’ve paid with discounts.   
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #258 on: 15 September 2021, 15:46 »
Just cant go through xmas and beyond with no car.

Saw a decent second hand Type R today so will start the process of cancelling, hopefully someone can pick it up once it arrives from this forum as everyone has been very helpful

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #259 on: 15 September 2021, 22:04 »
So I ordered my Ed45 from the dealer late June with a cracking deal. Got a phone call from
Them two weeks saying order was confirmed with the factory and build week 36. I am wondering here whether some dealers like others have stated here get a bigger say with VW than some of the car discount companies? Also by chance saw one for sale today at Lookers on autotrader at nearly £46k didn’t look like it had many optional extras on it now appears to be sold already. I’ll bide my time waiting I think these cars will be quite sought after.